Flea and Chad Smith are the best rhythm section in Rock&Roll today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Johnny Swallow said:
And not just because they are anti-semites.

Even if they are...they don't hold a candle in that category in comparison to Professor Griff of Public Enemy...

On a serious "tip"...I agree, partly...live, they aren't all that good, but in the studio, they're pretty dead on...I like Nate Mendel and Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters myself.

They canceled a show in Tel Aviv during a period of intense violence last summer. If they are anti-Semitic I'd like to see a specific reference to back up your statement. Methinks Mr. Swallow must be messin' with us as he likes to do cause we know the Peppers are all about peace, love & understanding and all that good stuff.

And yes, the best rhythm section in R&R. I just said that to a friend the other day, in fact. :up:

Last edited:
i cant say i remember much of their drumming, but flea's bass playing is HUGE. its awesome.

in terms of funky-ness, yes they have the best rythm section.. :sexywink:

but i honestly believe colin and phil from radiohead are the best. just my opinion ofcourse.

they are not the best rhythm section in rock today.

and flea is over-rated big-time.

however, there really aren't that many other musicians around today I would even mention, which is testimony to the piss-poor level of musicianship in rock and roll right now.

shame it is.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom