Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
Came out today, I picked it up. I'm about 1/2 way through and there is little doubt that the Lips are one of the greatest bands out today. Freaking brilliant. Best American band since the Pixies and/or Jane's Addiction.

Um, you are aware that the Lips have been around longer than either The Pixies or Jane's Addiction, aren't you...?

I bought it today and i consider it the best album of the year so far.Especially the third song(the song of the failure) is astonishing.

Got this in the mail this week along with new ones by Prince and Morrissey. So far, I like it. Yeah Yeah Yeah Song and Song of Failure both impress.

No big fans of Mr Ambulance Driver yet? Or Pompeii am Gotterdammerung?:sad:

OK, I just found out that the Lips played two shows last week in NYC and no one freaking told me? You people let me down.

Ambulence Driver is great. The WAND & the 2nd song (Prince meets Beck sound) are brilliant.

The Flaming Lips are really incredible in every way a rock band should be. I saw them once way back when (89 or something) and then again in the summer of 2003 for just a few dollars outdoors in Nashville.

The new album is in regular rotation in my life, and yesterday, I just discovered that they are doing a free show in Atlanta on May 21. I am hoping to go for sure.

Check out their website for tour dates.

Back
Top Bottom