Flaming Lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
my tongue is kinda burnt and feeling rather sore.

but aside from that, how are you?

and what are the best Flaming Lips songs that you would like to recommend to me?

flaming lips are brilliant

I am fascinated b everything they do

you must hear

Race for the Prize
Waiting For Superman
Fight Test
Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell
Do you Realize?

they have a cd called Zaireeka which is a 4 disk album
in order to hear each song in its fullest you have to have f stereos and the 4 disks running at the same time!!!

awesome concept!!

yes yes "suddenly" is aw3esome

it's beautiful how they use dynamics there
there's a big instrumental interlude and then the beat comes back in when he sings,
"Putting all the clothes you washed away"

brilliant

Brilliant band, although Soft Bulletin is tons better than "Yoshimi..."

Their best song ever ever ever: Feeling Yourself Disintegrate.

I don't think soft bulletin is any better than yoshimi

I like the mood and flow of yoshimi better
as well as the song structures and mixes

But both are equal in my mind...just brilliant stuff

I can't wait to hear Zarieeka. I have 3 stereos, I'll just need one more!

Basstrap said:

they have a cd called Zaireeka which is a 4 disk album
in order to hear each song in its fullest you have to have f stereos and the 4 disks running at the same time!!!

awesome concept!!

Actually, while interesting, that sounds more annoying than anything.

It would be, except for the fact that the tunes are great, and the four stereos really adds to it. Unfortunately I've only participated in one Zaireeka listening party, but I hope to do more in the future...Also, the CDs can be listened to separately, and are quite good.

Basstrap: How anyone can argue that the songs on Yoshimi are better than (or equal to) those on Soft Bulletin is beyond me...half of yoshimi is terrific, and the other half (almost perfectly divided) is crap...all of soft bulletin is excellent, without exception.

fight test goes without saying....amazing song

One More Robot...again...beautiful song. And it is here that the bass fist makes its big appearance...something I really lov about this album.
"one more robot learns to be..."

Yoshimi part! is, again, indisputably great
it's just so catchy
the think I love about this album is the weird, actually asian feel...it just has that really great mello atmosphere. But beneath all the weird and interesting sounds is a plain old acoustic guitar which carries almost every song. It gives the songs more accessibility...it's just a really brialliant idea

partII is EXACTLY like watching a vidoe game. This is the only one I skip. It's cool...but actually kinda scary!

Morning is, I think, my favorite track. It brings a tea to my eye almost everytime!! The instrumental segways are PERFECTLY constructed and just surge in a heart-pounding climax on the minor chord.

Ego is the perfect song to follow this. Another heart breaker with great bass and a nice mood.
"I was wanting you to love me...but your loving never came"

Are You A Hypnotists? okay...I'm starting to wonder where your line b/w good and sucky songs is. And I HOPE it's not here. This song is one of the albums "obvious classics". I love the intense clix which happen around the "What is this? Are you some kind of hypnotist" awsome

Summertime. This was my least favorite after first listen. Now I'm just not sure where it goes...I have fallen for it. I always loved the beautufl instrumental segway, but the whole structure of the song is done is pure lips brilliance.

Do You Realize? I really don't need to say anything about this. You like it, cos if you don't I'll beat you

The last two, I admit, are weak relative to the greatness of the rest

I have resurrected this old, old thread to announce that the Flaming Lips are apparently performing on the Jimmy Kimmel show tonight, Friday, April 30(so says the local college paper). Thought some people around here might be interested in watching that.

oh yes. if i'm around i'll try to remember to check it out. i have the worst memory sometimes...

Oh, I love these guys! "Race for the prize" is one of my favourites. I saw them live, filling in for the White Stripes, at T in the Park last year. They all wore red and white (even the animals) and opened with their own version of "seven nation army". Has anyone else heard the song "Thank you Jack White For The Fibre-optic Jesus That You Gave Me" ?

Geniuses.

Sheesh! The Cure, Bright Eyes and Flaming Lips tonight!!! Nice :up:

Too bad I can never figure out when Kimmel's show is on!

if i remember correctly, the music came on at around 1am. i sat through about 15 minutes of jimmy kimmel crap and commercials (there were more commercials than anything else) when DKM were on that show...that was defeintly not worth it.

Their performance was pretty cool. They had all the normal crazy stuff going on they have in concerts (decorations, confetti, people in animal suits, etc), it was really entertaining to watch. They played 'Do You Realize'. Then the show ended with them playing the first 1/3 of 'The Gash'. I'm glad I stayed up for it, now I want to see them in concert!

The Gash is such an amazing song. I think The Soft Bulletin is better than Yoshimi, it's more conceptual and a little less cheesy.

Dave Fridmann is a genius!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom