first crowded house album after reunion: time on earth - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #106
45:33

Local Time: 02:16 AM
That's quite impressive! I didn't know Recurring Dream was actually a song.

Fall At Your Feet #53?

Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #107
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Fall At Your Feet #53?
It's boring.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:46 AM
I'll give you boring

1. When you come
2. World where you live
3. Weather with you
4. Nails in your feet
5. Better be home soon
Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #109
Vocal parasite

Just for the record, I meant to say #56, My Telly's Gone Bung, not #55, Lester, is the one redeemed by its quirkiness. Both songs aren't particularly good, though I ranked Lester higher because I think it's sung a bit better.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #110
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:16 AM
oh god, i don't know how i'd rank my top five let alone all their songs

but my favourite crowdie song is world where you live

second favourite is i feel possessed. loooove that song. love that whole album, temple of low men is brilliant. after that i'm just not sure.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #111
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:16 AM
I don't think I could rank them at all. I picked up a couple of albums after hearing some songs (thanks Axver ). I was thrilled to know Locked Out prior to seeing them back in April. I like that song All I had before was the first 2 albums. And I do love Fall At Your Feet. You rank it in the 50's Axver?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #112
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
You rank it in the 50's Axver?
Yes. It's Crowdies-by-numbers.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #113
Refugee

Local Time: 03:16 PM
I'm just back from the show at the Troubadour. Talked with the whole band afterwards and both Nick and Neil confirmed the plans to go back in the studio in January to record the next album. They all were very happy with the show and Nick said he felt they took a step up in this show. He's feeling it really working well with Matt on drums. I asked him how he liked the Live Earth gig and he enjoyed doing this small gig tonight a lot more. Neil continued to show just how happy he is with this whole reunion.

Axver, there's hope for you to see them do Recurring Dream. They did it again tonight, making me 2 for 2 in getting it at shows this tour. In talking with Neil afterwards, he confirmed that songs like Hole In the River will be coming. They just didn't want to overwhelm Matt at first, so expect setlists to vary a lot more as the tour progresses and plan on catching more than 1 show on the tour if at all possible.

The full setlist was:

Locked Out
World Where You Live
Heaven That I'm Making
Those Were The Days (impromptu song played due to Mark playing around on the keyboard and Neil thinking it sounded Eastern European)
Nobody Wants To
Recurring Dream
Fall At Your Feet
Don't Stop Now
Pour Le Monde
Four Seasons In One Day
You Are The One To Make Me Cry
When You Come
Silent House
Distant Sun
Something So Strong

Pineapple Head
She Called Up
Weather With You

Fingers Of Love
Throw Your Arms Around Me (audience request replaced There Goes God on the printed setlist)
Don't Dream It's Over
Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 AM   #114

That's a friggin awesome setlist.

Did anyone else see that the new drummer only drummed on five of the new tracks? :S
Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Awesome Halup! Getting propper setlists out of these showcase gigs is like getting blood from a stone.

On the set front, by my count we have:

Played (37): Mean To Me, World Where You Live, Don't Dream It's Over, Love You 'Til The Day I Die, Something So Strong. Into Temptation, When You Come, Sister Madly, Better Be Home Soon. Fall At Your Feet, Weather With You, Four Seasons In One Day, There Goes God. In My Command, Nails In My Feet, Black & White Boy, Fingers of Love, Pineapple Head, Locked Out, Private Universe, Walking On The Spot, Distant Sun. Recurring Dream. Nobody Wants To, Don't Stop Now, She Called Up, Say That Again, Pour Le Monde, Even a Child, Heaven That I'm Making, A Sigh, Silent House, English Trees, Walked Her Way Down, Transit Lounge, You're The One To Make Me Cry, People Are Like Suns.

Surprising They Haven't Been Played (5): Now We're Getting Somewhere, Hole In The River, It's Only Natural, Whispers & Moans, Catherine Wheels, Not The Girl You Think You Are.

Possible (9): I Feel Possessed, Never Be The Same, Love This Life, In The Lowlands, Chocolate Cake, Tall Trees, She Goes On, Kare Kare, Everything Is Good For You.

Not Likely (10): Can't Carry On, I Walk Away, Tombstone, Kill Eye, Mansion In The Slums, Fame Is, All I Ask, As Sure As I Am, Together Alone, Instinct. (+ the rest of Afterglow)

Paul's Songs (3): That's What I Call Love, Italian Plastic, Skin Feeling.

And Halup next time you catch Neil, can you please ask him whatever happened to Love Is All That Remains... how it didn't end up being used on the record is a mystery.

As well Liam's record is due out this week on I think, on sexy vinyl too, sounds absolutely epic.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:31 AM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Did anyone else see that the new drummer only drummed on five of the new tracks? :S
This is normal as. It happened on Woodface too, Rikki Faatar played on all the Finn/Finn tracks, not Paul - even though Paul played on all the demos for them which were subsequently released with some versions of the album. Confused? Good.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 AM   #117

Confused? Good.

I hope they play ION.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 AM   #118

I just downloaded REcurring Dream - and you weren't joking when you put it #1. It's a terrific song!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 AM   #119
Refugee

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Awesome Halup! Getting propper setlists out of these showcase gigs is like getting blood from a stone.

On the set front, by my count we have:

Played (37): Mean To Me, World Where You Live, Don't Dream It's Over, Love You 'Til The Day I Die, Something So Strong. Into Temptation, When You Come, Sister Madly, Better Be Home Soon. Fall At Your Feet, Weather With You, Four Seasons In One Day, There Goes God. In My Command, Nails In My Feet, Black & White Boy, Fingers of Love, Pineapple Head, Locked Out, Private Universe, Walking On The Spot, Distant Sun. Recurring Dream. Nobody Wants To, Don't Stop Now, She Called Up, Say That Again, Pour Le Monde, Even a Child, Heaven That I'm Making, A Sigh, Silent House, English Trees, Walked Her Way Down, Transit Lounge, You're The One To Make Me Cry, People Are Like Suns.

Surprising They Haven't Been Played (5): Now We're Getting Somewhere, Hole In The River, It's Only Natural, Whispers & Moans, Catherine Wheels, Not The Girl You Think You Are.

Possible (9): I Feel Possessed, Never Be The Same, Love This Life, In The Lowlands, Chocolate Cake, Tall Trees, She Goes On, Kare Kare, Everything Is Good For You.

Not Likely (10): Can't Carry On, I Walk Away, Tombstone, Kill Eye, Mansion In The Slums, Fame Is, All I Ask, As Sure As I Am, Together Alone, Instinct. (+ the rest of Afterglow)

Paul's Songs (3): That's What I Call Love, Italian Plastic, Skin Feeling.

And Halup next time you catch Neil, can you please ask him whatever happened to Love Is All That Remains... how it didn't end up being used on the record is a mystery.

As well Liam's record is due out this week on I think, on sexy vinyl too, sounds absolutely epic.
Timo, where have you been seeing all the setlists to compile the list you have? I've looked at the frenz.com forum and seen some setlists, but I'm not sure if you use another source.

Was Love Is All That Remains a song from the webcast in March? If not, how do you know this song?

During the show Neil made mention that Liam was back in Australia and as they played on stage, that Liam was about to appear on tv. There was some talk between Neil and Nick about calling up Liam, but it didn't happen during the show. It was interesting seeing Elroy taking Liam's place, but he played on a lot less songs than what Liam usually does. It's funny because I remember talking to Elroy in 1998 when he was 8 years old and was manning to merchandise booth on Neil's Try Whistling This tour. He was selling the tshirts with the album ciover art that he drew. I didn't get a chance to talk to him at the Troubadour, but if I did I was going to mention that 1998 tour.

I'm up to 28 different songs (including an unreleased cover song) in 2 shows on this tour and I'm hoping to make it to 3 shows in August.

You list Never Be The Same as a possible song, but I don't think it will get played. The first Crowded House show I saw was on the Temple Of Low Men tour and I remember they played 9 of the 10 songs form that album, but did not do Never Be The Same, which is one of my favourites from that album. I've seen Neil almost 30 times since then and have never seen this song live.

I agree that Instinct is unlikely. It's a song I've never seen live and I don't think Neil likes it very much. In fact after the Pomona show, one of the items I had the guys sign was one of my Instinct singles and I specifically said to Neil as he signed it that it was a song I'd love to see them play. I don't recall exactly what he said, but it didn't suggest that he really wanted to play it. I'd love to see Nick playing that bass line to it.

I've now met Neil on 3 occasions this year and I've never seen him happier and as easy to talk to as a fan. He's always been a nice and accomodating guy towards the fans, but now it's noticeably greater. You can see that he's glowing over having this band back and he's eager to get back into the studio to make a full band Crowded House album and that will start in January.

Out of all the bands reuniting this year, this is the one that is for the best reasons and is not at all about money. As Neil said in an interview that I read, that he is probably making less off doing this as a band, having to split up the money, as opposed to doing another solo album and tour.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Halup

Timo, where have you been seeing all the setlists to compile the list you have? I've looked at the frenz.com forum and seen some setlists, but I'm not sure if you use another source.
Mostly Frenz to be honest, plus a lot of bootlegs have come out. Maybe one or two from the TITM list. It's not exciting as the Finn Bros lists were because every night had some huge surprise - but they are still doing their bit tossing it around.

Quote:
Was Love Is All That Remains a song from the webcast in March? If not, how do you know this song?
It cropped up on the One All tour and got played a lot on that through the States and on webcasts etc. It's mostly ambient guitar and atmospheric drums (think I Am In Love), pretty obvious why it got shelved for EIH as it didn't fit that faux-country sound or the brothers vibe. But it would have slotted into TOE so well. A lot of people who have heard it think it's the best solo thing he's done, thus the intrigue.

Quote:
During the show Neil made mention that Liam was back in Australia and as they played on stage, that Liam was about to appear on tv. There was some talk between Neil and Nick about calling up Liam, but it didn't happen during the show. It was interesting seeing Elroy taking Liam's place, but he played on a lot less songs than what Liam usually does. It's funny because I remember talking to Elroy in 1998 when he was 8 years old and was manning to merchandise booth on Neil's Try Whistling This tour. He was selling the tshirts with the album ciover art that he drew. I didn't get a chance to talk to him at the Troubadour, but if I did I was going to mention that 1998 tour.
There is some footage from him performing on NZTV, didn't see him on anything over here. He was playing in Sydney last week - but due to flu couldn't make it a long. His new album from what I've heard of it could possibly be better than his dad's.
http://www.tv3.co.nz/VideoBrowseAll/...3/Default.aspx

Quote:
I'm up to 28 different songs (including an unreleased cover song) in 2 shows on this tour and I'm hoping to make it to 3 shows in August.
Is one of those the Greek Theatre show at the end of August? I'm a 1/1000 shot at winning tickets to that one.

Quote:
You list Never Be The Same as a possible song, but I don't think it will get played. The first Crowded House show I saw was on the Temple Of Low Men tour and I remember they played 9 of the 10 songs form that album, but did not do Never Be The Same, which is one of my favourites from that album. I've seen Neil almost 30 times since then and have never seen this song live.
I think I used the rule that if it made it past it's first tour then was possible. Never Be The Same got played stacks on the European post-Tim Woodface tour (as an opener believe it or not), more than on the TOLM tour prolly. Plus The Temple seems to be the album everyone pulls their bizzare requests from on Neil Solo shows, just like Dizrythmia for the brothers. I'd say it's not unlikely.

Quote:
I agree that Instinct is unlikely. It's a song I've never seen live and I don't think Neil likes it very much. In fact after the Pomona show, one of the items I had the guys sign was one of my Instinct singles and I specifically said to Neil as he signed it that it was a song I'd love to see them play. I don't recall exactly what he said, but it didn't suggest that he really wanted to play it. I'd love to see Nick playing that bass line to it.
Instinct would be sweet. It's a sad trend that happens with songs confined to Best Ofs where they get played a handful of times when released than never again. I'll be staking my 1 from 2 request record on trying to get Everything Is Good For You up on the Australian leg, if that fails I'll fall back on my standing request of Chocolate Cake.

Quote:
I've now met Neil on 3 occasions this year and I've never seen him happier and as easy to talk to as a fan. He's always been a nice and accomodating guy towards the fans, but now it's noticeably greater. You can see that he's glowing over having this band back and he's eager to get back into the studio to make a full band Crowded House album and that will start in January.

Out of all the bands reuniting this year, this is the one that is for the best reasons and is not at all about money. As Neil said in an interview that I read, that he is probably making less off doing this as a band, having to split up the money, as opposed to doing another solo album and tour.
For sure. I love that they are running back into the studio ASAP instead of riding the reneassance wave a few times round - my guess is they will beat U2 out in releasing their next album. Who would have thought 2 years ago Crowded House would have 2 albums out before they had their next.

Tags
crowded house