first crowded house album after reunion: time on earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crowded House Special Year End show

Having sold out their Wembley Arena show, Crowded House are pleased to announce a very special year end concert at London's Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday December 11. This will be the closing date on Crowded House's 'Live On Earth' 2007 World Tour before the band plan to head back into the studio to start work on their next album, so promises to be a unique night.

Tickets for this not to be missed show go on sale next Friday the 14th September from www.livenation.co.uk : http://www.livenation.co.uk/ or by
telephone on 0207 589 8212, 0870 400 0688.

Tickets are expected to sell fast. However, for members of the Crowded House mailing list and fans who have purchased tickets for the UK tour there will be a dedicated internet pre sale commencing 9.00am Wednesday the 12th September.

To access the pre sale go to http://www.livenation.co.uk/event/getEvent/eventId/296566

Lila64 said:
Crowded House Special Year End show

Having sold out their Wembley Arena show, Crowded House are pleased to announce a very special year end concert at London's Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday December 11. This will be the closing date on Crowded House's 'Live On Earth' 2007 World Tour before the band plan to head back into the studio to start work on their next album, so promises to be a unique night.

Tickets for this not to be missed show go on sale next Friday the 14th September from www.livenation.co.uk : http://www.livenation.co.uk/ or by
telephone on 0207 589 8212, 0870 400 0688.

Tickets are expected to sell fast. However, for members of the Crowded House mailing list and fans who have purchased tickets for the UK tour there will be a dedicated internet pre sale commencing 9.00am Wednesday the 12th September.

To access the pre sale go to http://www.livenation.co.uk/event/getEvent/eventId/296566

Can I just say how much I would love love to be at this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jealous* of anyone is gets to go to this...:sad:

i saw them tuesday in nashville. the setlist was :drool:

here's what i think it was:

recurring dream
private universe
say that again
english trees
fall at your feet
don't stop now
distant sun
heaven i'm making
you are the one to make me cry
don't dream it's over
pineapple head
silent house
when you come
something so strong
-----------------------------
weather with you
mean to me
four seasons in one day
world where you live
fingers of love
kare kare
four seasons in one day

i've yet to see a setlist posted anywhere. i'm basing this off the setlist the guys had, although i remember for sure the last song listed on their setlist wasn't what they played, so i changed that. (they had better be home soon on their setlist)

the concert was absolutely perfect. of course there were songs not played i would've loved to have heard, but there's nothing up there i wished they hadn't played. i also got to meet the band which was cool.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i saw them tuesday in nashville. the setlist was :drool:

here's what i think it was:

recurring dream
private universe
say that again
english trees
fall at your feet
don't stop now
distant sun
heaven i'm making
you are the one to make me cry
don't dream it's over
pineapple head
silent house
when you come
something so strong
weather with you
mean to me
four seasons in one day
world where you live
fingers of love
kare kare
four seasons in one day

i've yet to see a setlist posted anywhere. i'm basing this off the setlist the guys had, although i remember for sure the last song listed on their setlist wasn't what they played, so i changed that. (they had better be home soon on their setlist)

the concert was absolutely perfect. of course there were songs not played i would've loved to have heard, but there's nothing up there i wished they hadn't played. i also got to meet the band which was cool.

well woman.. tell us about the meeting with the band??? don't leave us hangin!:sad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
well woman.. tell us about the meeting with the band??? don't leave us hangin!:sad:
:lol: well, after the show, i asked a roadie if she knew where the band was going to be coming out, cuz that was how i lucked out into meeting tim finn earlier this year too. anyway, they pointed me in the right direction and when i got there, i saw all the tour buses and there was already some people so i wasn't worried about not being in the right place.

we waited for a while, and matt (the drummer) came out. he was super nice and signed autographs and pictures. then maybe 15-20 minutes later, nick (bassist) came out. he seemed shocked that so many people wanted his autograph and stuff.

then, after i got nick's autograph and stuff, i said out loud i just needed mark's and neil's autographs. someone was kind enough to let me know mark (guitarist, etc.) was already out; he'd snuck around while nick was signing stuff. i managed to get a picture and autograph, though.

about 30-45 minutes later, neil finally came out. most crowded house fans are nice, but i guess just having waited so long for him to come out and stuff just got to everyone. i swear, once i got right there, i kept having people butt in front of me, despite me saying to him several times "neil, could you sign this for me?" and then someone else would shove something in front of him. it kinda ticked me off. it's like, we've all been here a long time, don't be rude. anyway, i got him to sign some stuff (i had the whole band sign my vinyl of time on earth and i had neil sign my vinyl of dizrythmia which i had tim sign earlier this year too) and got a picture with him.

i don't remember if i said this before, oh well. but while waiting to be able to get up to talk to him and stuff, i saw a couple guys handing him guitars for him to sign. he asked them if they were going to be sold on ebay. they just kinda brushed it off and didn't answer him. he said something to the effect of, at least have the guts to say that's what you're doing with it. these guitars had a ton of signatures on it, it was pretty obvious. i thought it was pretty cool, i'd love to take a piece of memorabilia like that (but i'd never pick something so huge like a guitar) and have everyone i meet sign it. but i could never see selling anything like that. sure i sell dupes of records i have and stuff, but i wouldn't take something i own, and think "you know what would up the value? if i get it signed by a rock star! yeah!!" i dunno.

anyway, i digress. after meeting neil, there was a bonus. i'd realised no one had seen liam sneak out so hopefully he'd be coming out soon so i could meet him too. sure enough, about 10 minutes later, he came out. it was cute, he was carrying this huge box, probably full of the merchandise that was left over. there were just a couple people left at that point, and he seemed genuinely surprised anyone wanted to meet him. i told him what a great set he put on and had him sign my cd. i'm sooooo glad i picked up a copy of his cd, it's great.

all in all it was an awesome experience: the fantastic show, perfect setlist, meeting the band and liam, and meeting them all one at a time too so it wasn't five seconds of omgawesome!!!! and then it's over.

Great story Khanada :applaud:
Really happy for you :hug:

I haven't been visiting the Frenz forum lately, but I'm sure there's info & setlists over there. And of course there is YouTube :drool:

I gave the new album a full spin for the first time last night. It's really, really good! There's a one or two clunkers, but most of the songs are great! What's everyone think? The second half is espesh good.

hmmm i found it a bit slow to be honest, nothing bad fantastic songs but just made me a lil sleepy ... mabey i need to listen to it properly again... def will do closer to concert time ... how long now :drool:

thanks everyone :D :hug:

Lila64 said:
I haven't been visiting the Frenz forum lately, but I'm sure there's info & setlists over there. And of course there is YouTube :drool:
actually, i'm a member there too and i've not seen an official setlist there or over at crowdedhouse.com. the closest i've seen is a picture someone posted of the printed setlist the band had, but some posted they deviated from it, but of course no one can remember specifics :banghead: oh well, it's not really that important to me to know every single song. i do know i had a blast.

i did record a couple videos at the concert, i should check those out and see how they came out :hmm:

mysterious_jen said:
hmmm i found it a bit slow to be honest, nothing bad fantastic songs but just made me a lil sleepy ... mabey i need to listen to it properly again... def will do closer to concert time ... how long now :drool:

mmm i agree. there's nothing on there that's outstanding, or gets you rocking, but its really solid :up:

Time On Earth has grown on me. It's too long and should have been edited down, but tracks like Nobody Wants To, Pour Le Monde, Silent House, and Even A Child are great. I normally stop after English Trees though, and Heaven That I'm Making/A Sigh is a clunker of a duo.

Axver said:
Time On Earth has grown on me. It's too long and should have been edited down, but tracks like Nobody Wants To, Pour Le Monde, Silent House, and Even A Child are great. I normally stop after English Trees though, and Heaven That I'm Making/A Sigh is a clunker of a duo.
:up: i agree with this 100%.

My friend and I are going on the 8th, but I'm not sure I'll have time to meet up with anyone. We've both got uni assessments that day, so we're treating ourselves to an early dinner on Lygon St and then heading straight to the gig. What time should we aim to be there, anybody know what Rod Laver Arena's like to get into? I've never been there before.

I swear, they better play Recurring Dream. Anybody know the sets from their recent gigs in New Zealand?

rod laver for crowdies should be pretty relaxed security wise , parking is good , prices on drinks and food are astrinomical, if you are GA you need to get a wrist band early in a designanted zone from secutiy and get in line at door 5 ususally. remember that its important. if you go in the gates they will be metal detecting and bag searching but if you go up from the car park its very lax.
there are heaps of vendors for merch, food and drinks, its set out in a circle.

you cant take any grog into the actual arena you have to drink it on the concourse.

i have seats and am comming from geelong so i might not get there till 7, doors open at 5.30 and it should finish about 11pm.

I'll be there on Thursday :D

I'm absolutely cluless about anything Crowded House has put out since the Recurring Dream best-of, I'm ashamed to admit. :reject: I'll probably want to go and get all the CDs after this gig, cos I probably won't recognise half the songs.

I'll be the tall one, looking confused :wink:

mysterious_jen said:
rod laver for crowdies should be pretty relaxed security wise , parking is good , prices on drinks and food are astrinomical, if you are GA you need to get a wrist band early in a designanted zone from secutiy and get in line at door 5 ususally. remember that its important. if you go in the gates they will be metal detecting and bag searching but if you go up from the car park its very lax.
there are heaps of vendors for merch, food and drinks, its set out in a circle.

you cant take any grog into the actual arena you have to drink it on the concourse.

i have seats and am comming from geelong so i might not get there till 7, doors open at 5.30 and it should finish about 11pm.

That's great, cheers for that. My friend's exam is done at 4:15, so I think that we should be able to eat dinner fast enough to get to Rod Laver by tram by 7pm. We're seated too. I guess I'm just nervous after what happened for U2 in Brisbane. The concert began half an hour late because they were taking so long to let seated people into the venue. But that was a much bigger gig. When I saw Split Enz and Finn Brothers in Brisbane, we rocked up at 7pm both times with no troubles.

Anyhow, I'll be the shortish, glasses-wearing albino guy with the somewhat taller, brown haired American girl. If anybody sees me, say hi. You're almost certain it's me if they play Recurring Dream and you see someone absolutely explode and sing it word for word. I know I'm fairly recognisable after how many Interferencers spotted me during the Vertigo Tour! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom