first crowded house album after reunion: time on earth - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 AM   #76
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Their sets are similar but have enough variation that you can at least hold a setlist party. Over 50 songs were played on Vertigo. Only 10 songs were done every single night of tour (9 if you count that SBS wasn't done at the LA public rehearsal gig).

Ever wondered why ZooTV and Popmart piss me off and I love Lovetown? Now you know one important factor.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #77
45:33

Hmmm... I see Thanks for the replies/info

And on Time on Earth... I heard Neil say that half the material was meant to be for a solo album anyways... but I'm glad they're back together.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #78
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:58 AM
VH1 Classics aired a half hour interview type thing with the band, hosted by Mark Goodman. I only caught about 10 minutes of it, and they were also showing old clips I believe. And the following hour was the farewell show in Sydney in 1996 with Hester. I'm sure the show itself was longer than an hour, but only an hour for broadcast. Tim came out for 2 songs as well. The broadcast ended with them playing 'Don't Dream It's Over'. That was awesome!!! What I love watching is the enormous crowd they played to then and again on Saturday at Live Earth and how the fans go crazy for them down under, unlike here in the states (on that magnitude). again

Not sure if we're seeing them in August when they are in town. We'll see how much tix are floating around for on ebay, if we can get a cheap deal.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:26 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
So when you said before they don't do 'static' sets, that does mean they'll still play like Don't Dream it's Over, Better Be Home Soon, Something So Strong, It's Only Natural, Fall At Your Feet, etc right?

Right?
You will still get a minimum of ~5 songs off Recurring Dream. What those are is what is up in the air. You couldn't gurantee you would definatly hear Don't Dream it's over, but you could gurantee you would hear one of DDIO, WWY or BBHS at very least. For example Live Earth was my fifteenth Finn show - but the first time I'd heard Fall At Your Feet, I've just somehow managed to dodge it, while on the other hand I think I've heard Better Be Home Soon about 10 times. Just the luck of the draw.

As far as the rotation on this tour, from my count throughout the ~15 festival, showcase and warm up gigs they've played 34 songs off their studio albums (65 songs total). Plus Recurring Dream off Afterglow twice, and a handful of covers like Killing In The Name, Happy Birthday, Throw Your Arms Around Me & Born On The Bayou. I'd say this will increase as they start the full US tour in August (and wouldn't be at all surprised if a couple more are added when the set from tonight's Corner fanclub gig surfaces). We don't have a full db like we do with U2 so I might be missing one or two.

Congrats to all who got tickets. Should be a great tour.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

I'm glad you turned up, Timo! Your knowledge of the Crowdies easily surpasses mine.

Which gigs are you seeing?

I'm still pissed I'm not at that Melbourne warm-up gig. I found out about it two days after it went on sale. Fuck.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

They've covered Killing In The Name Of?...as in the Rage Against the Machine one?...that awesome.

I think I'm going to the second show now
Old 07-09-2007, 04:44 AM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor

to timothius!

They're playing a VERY small club in L.A. on 7/17. I couldn't even try to get tickets as the "little one" is having her b-day party on that day/evening. I'll have to 'read about it'
Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 AM   #83

I will die if they play Fall At Your Feet. I love that song so much

TYAAM would be very interesting...
Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor

I got Fall At Your Feet back in April at the Glass House

And I heard it on the Farewell Concert I saw tonight from '96
I it too
Old 07-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #85

Whenever I fall at your feet...
You let your tears rain down on me...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

I'm Officially going to the second show
Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
I'm Officially going to the second show
sweet ! lucky you ...

contemplating the second show

its just the money man the money wahhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm glad you turned up, Timo! Your knowledge of the Crowdies easily surpasses mine.

Which gigs are you seeing?

I'm still pissed I'm not at that Melbourne warm-up gig. I found out about it two days after it went on sale. Fuck.
I'm sure your knowledge on more practical issues outstrips mine.

At the moment just Sydney I, Sydney II & prolly Bris. If Uni checks out and some face tickets pop up for Melbourne I might pop down there as well. Just wait and see on that.

I was pretty damn close to going down for that but tix on Virgin were like $100 each way, plus another $20 to get into the city from the airport it all just adds up. If the set comes out at like 30 songs I'll be well pissed.

Auckland & co looked pretty tempting when Supergroove where added as support don't you think.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
They've covered Killing In The Name Of?...as in the Rage Against the Machine one?...that awesome.

I think I'm going to the second show now
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
to timothius!

They're playing a VERY small club in L.A. on 7/17. I couldn't even try to get tickets as the "little one" is having her b-day party on that day/evening. I'll have to 'read about it'
Lila

I can't think of a better present for a kiddies birthday than a nice Crowded House ticket. But I'm sure in LA you'll have more than a few dozen times to catch them in the next year or so.

Did you catch the Ghostwriters on the Live Earth stream. Great cover (????) of When The General's Talk.

Tags
crowded house