first crowded house album after reunion: time on earth - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #181
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Have a good time guys!

Old 11-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That's great, cheers for that. My friend's exam is done at 4:15, so I think that we should be able to eat dinner fast enough to get to Rod Laver by tram by 7pm. We're seated too. I guess I'm just nervous after what happened for U2 in Brisbane. The concert began half an hour late because they were taking so long to let seated people into the venue. But that was a much bigger gig. When I saw Split Enz and Finn Brothers in Brisbane, we rocked up at 7pm both times with no troubles.
You should be fine. I'm not getting in till probably 8ish on the Friday night. I reckon Augie March will come on at about 8-8:30....so the crowdies wiil be on at 9-9:30.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #183
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
You should be fine. I'm not getting in till probably 8ish on the Friday night. I reckon Augie March will come on at about 8-8:30....so the crowdies wiil be on at 9-9:30.
Cool. Though I checked the Crowdies' website yesterday and apparently there's a second opening act called The Walls. Never even heard of them.

If they don't do Recurring Dream on Thursday, I may just see you there on Friday night.

Anybody got the set for last night in Sydney? Timothius?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor

I think this is it...browsing the Frenz Forum at the moment. Wait, were there two nights? If so, this might be the first:

Set List

Private Universe
World Where you Live
Dont stop Now
Fall at your Feet
Whispers & Moans
English Trees
Heaven that I'm Making
Love you till the Day I die
Silent House
Dont Dream it's Over
Pour Le Monde
Walked her Way Down
When you COme
Distant Sun

ENCORE -

Locked Out
Something So Strong
Weather with YOu

ENCORE 2 -

4 Seasons
Italian Plastic
Better be Home Soon,

This was the 2nd set list posted there:

Private Universe
Mean To Me
Don't Stop Now
Fall At Your Feet
Say That Again
Walked Her Way Down
When You Come
Love You Till The Day I Die
A Sigh
It's Only Natural
Silent House
Don't Dream It's Over
People Are Like Suns
Fire In Your Belly (Liam should claim royalties!)
Pineapple Head
Distant Sun
Weather With You

----------
Road To Nowhere
Locked Out
Something So Strong

----------
Fingers Of Love
Four Seasons In One Day
Better Be Home Soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
another video clip for Weather With You
Old 11-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #185
Vocal parasite

Oh, I should've thought to look there, cheers Lila.

I just had a poke around at some of the other setlists from recent shows, and by the looks of things, Recurring Dream didn't show up at all in New Zealand - and it's not in those Sydney sets. It's got to show up sometime. COME ON MELBOURNE TOMORROW!

Also, I'm intrigued by the idea of Private Universe as an opener ...

By the way, what on earth are Fire In Your Belly and Road To Nowhere? The latter title just makes me think of that annoying "we're on a road to nowhere" song.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #186
Blue Crack Distributor

I believe they opened with Private Universe in August when I saw them.

Maybe you should have a glow in the dark sign requesting Recurring Dream
Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #187
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
By the way, what on earth are Fire In Your Belly and Road To Nowhere? The latter title just makes me think of that annoying "we're on a road to nowhere" song.
fire in your belly is a liam song. road to nowhere, i'm not sure. the first thing i think of is talking heads, like you said
Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Whee, glad to see this thread pop back up! They didn't open with "Private Universe" when I saw them ("There Goes God" was what kicked off our show), but I like the idea of it being the choice to start things. Good way to slowly build up to the rest of the show.

Khanada's right about those two songs. If they did indeed do the Talking Heads' "Road To Nowhere, I'd love to hear that. Oddly enough, I always thought they could do a great version of that song.

Also, Axver, my fingers are crossed that you get to hear "Recurring Dream" when you go see them . Hope you have a good time at the show! And thanks for the YouTube links, Lila, shall check those out tonight.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
I'm absolutely cluless about anything Crowded House has put out since the Recurring Dream best-of, I'm ashamed to admit. I'll probably want to go and get all the CDs after this gig, cos I probably won't recognise half the songs.

I'll be the tall one, looking confused
If you need any help in regards to that sort of thing, feel free to ask . I think I speak for us all when I say we'll be glad to help.

Angela
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #189
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

oh btw, dr. dre, you should've come seen them in nashville to hear recurring dream

now if only they'd release the bloody concert!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #190
Blue Crack Distributor

I think this one's a different version:

Weather With You from the first Australian gig this past week:

Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Aw... That'd be cool if they did that, Khanada.

(Precisely why I like Kufala Recordings-thanks to them I'm now able to hear the show I saw anytime . Good stuff)

I didn't hear "Recurring Dream", though, lucky anyone who did. But the setlist we got was great as it was, so all in all, 'tis okay. The main song I can think of that I would've loved to hear but didn't was "Into Temptation".

Angela
Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #192
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Maybe you should have a glow in the dark sign requesting Recurring Dream

I wish I knew how to meet them before the gig to request it ...

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

fire in your belly is a liam song. road to nowhere, i'm not sure. the first thing i think of is talking heads, like you said
Ah, right. I forgot that was a Talking Heads song! That's one band who are great at polarising me. On the one hand, they have some cool songs that I really like, while on the other, they made some of the worst songs that ever got stuck on early 1990s Kiwi radio.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #193
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Ah, right. I forgot that was a Talking Heads song! That's one band who are great at polarising me. On the one hand, they have some cool songs that I really like, while on the other, they made some of the worst songs that ever got stuck on early 1990s Kiwi radio.
yeah, i totally agree. their earlier stuff was fantastic. their later stuff? not so much.

i wish i could give you advice on how to meet them before the gig, but me and everyone else i've heard from has met them after the gig.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

I've known people who've been able to do both, but I'd need to ask them directly how they went about doing that, 'cause I sadly have no experience in that area. But hey, Axver, if that plan doesn't work out, why not try a paper airplane or something?

Regarding the Talking Heads, I dunno, I like the latter songs of theirs that I've heard, personally, but eh *Shrugs*.

Angela
Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #195
Vocal parasite

By the sounds of things, some people have successfully met the band before gigs and even gotten into soundchecks. I'm too shy to even figure out how to find them after a gig!

But yeah, maybe I'll go the paper airplane trick. Shame I'm no good at making them!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
crowded house