First Album You Ever Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
For me, I can remember the first one I bought was Pretty Poison -Catch Me I'm Falling, lmao. This was way back in 1988 or 1989 and my parents had promised that I could get one new CD when we went to Target. We had just bought a brand new stereo system, with a turntable, 2 cassettes, a radio and *gasp* a compact disc player, lol, so this was a huge deal.

:laugh:

Anyone remember their first cd? :)

Last edited:
i think my first tape was like a virgin. :laugh:

my first cd was really lame. perfect gentlemen. these cute little singing boys. i was really young so we can pretend that never happened.

:wave:

The first cd I bought was a country complilation. It's old country songs from the thirties. Carter Family, Bob Wills, really good stuff.

The first record I ever bought was Herman's Hermits! :love: I would listen to it and kiss the picture of Herman.

I was eight!!

Yes, there were records back then. ;)

I can't remember that back far...

I think the first vinyl record I bought was a Wham's Make It Big, but I'm not so sure. I do know that my parents bought me some records before that (the Grease soundtrack, Michael Jackson's Thriller, I think the first single I got was YMCA by the Village People).

I also can't remember my very first CD. It might be ... But Seriously by Phil Collins or The Miracle by Queen. But it's also possible it was some vague synthesizer compilation. My musical development came a bit later. :)

C ya!

Marty (who hasn't bought a CD for more than a month... scary!)

ok if we're going that way, my first tape was the Epic-Faith no more single.

my first record was Sesame street ABC's. Man that thing rocked. I couldnt read yet so i drew a little red heart on the thing so I'd know it was my fave.

C is for cookie, thats good enough for me.....

man......we all used to have lousy taste in music.:silent:

I remember being little and having a real album, vinyl - with the Smurfs singing something about pink and blue toothbrushes. I ended up leaving it in the back seat of the station wagon one day and it got all warped - I still havent quite gotten over that.

I also clearly remember being in second grade and being terrified that my mother would find out that i took 10 bucks from my first communion money to buy the new Lionel Richie record :lol: She didnt care at all!

As for CDs, I was probably one of the last people in the world to get a CD player. I think the first one I bought was Appetite for Destruction

Last edited:
First ever album, Charlie Brown Christmas with book,
first ever music album, Hall & Oates, Private Eyes (keep in mind this was still in Elementary School, who had taste then?) first CD, all the U2 albums that had come out so far.

I remember the first tape I ever received was MC Hammer....and the first I ever bought...hmmm, would have been much later....a cd...I THINk it was..I have no idea.

i had some really bad records but the best one was the chipmunks singing all these 50s and 60s songs. it rules.

i also had michael jackson record player. :eek:

my first 45 was ABC by the Jackson 5 and my first full length album was a double record by Donny Osmond :reject: It was advertised on TV for the entire summer of 1972 and my mom finally ordered it and gave it to me for Christmas.

I have no idea what my first CD was but I think my first cassette was Blizzard of Oz by Ozzy Osboune :eek:

If I can remember back that far....
Hmmm...It would have to be The Beatles...Help on vinyl...
And a 45 of Split Enz "I got you".:wave:
Great thread, by the way!

first album - michael jackson - thriller
first tape - dirty dancing soundtrack
first cd - boyz II men - II

Back
Top Bottom