Fire Terry Francona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Come on... I want to see the outrage. I want to see the call for his head.

He sent Pedro out for an 8th inning on the word of Pedro, and Pedro blew it.

Sounds familiar right?

Grady Little lost his job for doing the exact same thing. He's considered to be a moron and an idiot throughout Red Sox nation...

So let's go... let's see the outrage. Call for Francona to be fired.

Headache, you're clearly trolling. But I'll bite.

I didn't say Grady should have been fired after Game 7, though I remember screaming at the TV that Pedro should have been pulled after the sixth inning (remember, he gave up a HR to Jason Giambi in the seventh before the eighth-inning collapse). It's worth noting that Grady made several other poor decisions in that series, though. (Anybody else remember the three consecutive strikeout-throwout double plays on botched hit-and-runs? Not using Scott Williamson in Game 7? Leaving Wakefield in for the eighth inning in Game 4 and almost allowing the Yankees to tie the game? Leaving John Burkett in for too long in Game 6 -- heck, Wakefield should have started Game 6 instead of Burkett, the way he was pitching.)

I thought the decision to leave Pedro in for the eighth was slightly more defensible this time, because (1) the bullpen hasn't been nearly as good as it was during last year's playoffs and (2) the bullpen was severely spent after the last series with the Orioles. If you take Pedro out, the best solution I can think of is to have Alan Embree (L) pitch to Matsui (L) and then hope that Keith Foulke can get the last five outs.

The Sox' pitching just isn't as good this year as it was last year. Pedro, Lowe and Wakefield are all significantly worse than they were last year. Schilling is solid, Arroyo OK. Foulke is solid, but every relief pitcher the Sox kept from last year is doing worse now, and Scott Williamson still isn't healthy.

As long as we're discussing relief pitching, let me pose this question: why do the Yankees still play Felix Heredia? This guy has to be the worst pitcher with men on base in all of baseball.

Last edited:
let's not get off subject...

red sox nation... as a whole (i'm sure there were those who disagreed) demanded that grady little not be brought back after the Pedro move.

and how soon we forget that boston's bullpen stunk last year. sure, they were having a good post season. but all year long the one complaint about the sawks was that their bullpen was suspect.

and as for heredia... be assured, come playoff time, his ass will be sore from sitting on it so much.

Back
Top Bottom