Fire everywhere, even in the sky.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is strange looking outside. I've got pictures in my journal and in IO...it was almost dark at noon. At one point, my living room was a glowing reddish color.

This is awful...there is an entire neighborhood burning right now...over 50 houses so far :|

I live about 10 miles from the fires and since yesterday the sky has been so gray, like during a snow storm or something. We have to keep our windows closed because the smoke smell is so terrible, I am seriously having trouble breathing. My car is absolutely covered in ash, I'm afraid I may have to dig it out tomorrow. We have wildfires in California all the time but I have never experienced anything this bad, and the thing keeps on growing and growing. I feel for all the families who are now holed up at Rancho Cucamonga High School, as well as the animals that have been left behind. I keep praying every night that this will end soon. And it was deliberately set as well, how horrible!!

mellyinsf said:
Even near the beach it's smokey. My throat hurts , kca Kca Cka:eyebrow:

Yep, I live a few miles from the beach, and my car is COVERED in ash... the wind just picked up in the last hour also.... I have an awful feeling that there will be many more fires tomorrow :|

Driving home from dinner tonight, it looked like it was snowing...and the wind does seem to have picked up in the last hour...not good for the firemen/women trying to knock down the fires.

Food for thought for our firemen and women - not only do they do their best trying to extinguish these blazes, they must protect themselves from falling into holes, crevices, and any other unlevel area but they are up against snakes, coyotes, and I don't doubt a few bobcat along the way.. those hills are full of wildlife.

:yes:

For my friends who live north of me, you might want to consider getting one of those fabric masks that are worn very often in the busy streets of asia (and Michael Jackson). It will help you cut back on your daily intake of hash... errr I mean ash.

You know whats weird about all these fires? There is/was one burning at Camp Pendleton not too far away from me. I havent seen any smoke on the horizon at all :der:

Last edited:
Speaking of Fireperson's hazards, at Camp Pendleton, firefighters could not even approach the flames because of nearby unexploded ammunition shells :no:

It's awful, and I live pretty far from the fires. At least 250 homes are gone. The ash is everywhere in little piles all over my yard and car, and when the sun does show through the smoke where I live, it's reddish-orange. The winds aren't strong where I live, but they're bad where the fires are. The whole house smells like smoke because my kitchen window is open an inch (cords coming through the screen prevent it closing all the way), and my dog door doesn't have a flap.

Yuck.

Ah crap... another fire just broke out in my neighboorhood in San Diego! Part of the 15 is currently shut down right now and we're exp[eriencing the same stuff as everyone else mentioned above. I went to grab my camera to get some footage for news, but my battaries are dead :mad: They're charging right now so possibly pictures later

Update: 80,000 acres have burned so far...

Last edited:
Can I move in with someone? The fire has almost surrounded my immediant neighboorhood. In fact the fireline has formed a U shape around my area :der:

Cleasai said:
Can I move in with someone? The fire has almost surrounded my immediant neighboorhood. In fact the fireline has formed a U shape around my area :der:

:yikes: sounds like you need to get out of there :no:

be safe :hug:

you can always come to Texas :wink:

Char and I went to breakfast near Cal State Fullerton - the wind was so bad this morning; I parked the car and by the time we ran into the restaurant, Char's white blouse was now speckled gray with all of the flying ashes....

RE :yes:

Back
Top Bottom