Fionn Regan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2 Bliss

The Fly
Anyone heard Fionn Regan?

I picked up his debut CD The End of History when I heard he was supporting Damien Rice on his OZ tour. Its the most stunning debut, seeing him last night perform just kinda sealed that admiration for him.

Definetly one of the best support acts i've seen in a hell of a long time. Just basically him playing a half hour set with an acoustic guitar - god i could of listened to him all night. Highlights Underwood typerwriter and snowy atlas mountain.

U2 Bliss said:
Anyone heard Fionn Regan?

I picked up his debut CD The End of History when I heard he was supporting Damien Rice.

Yes lol I did the same thing.

Seeing Damien in March in London can't wait. I do like the sound of Fionn Regan but I think I need to give the CD a couple more listens. I think he's got a lovely voice, I'm looking forward to hearing him live too now.

celia said:
Yes lol I did the same thing.
Its the best 'i don't know even know one single song' impulsive cd buy i've had in a while.

Think seeing him live might make it more of a grower for you. Underwood Typerwriter has become a constant fixture playing over and over in my head. Absolutely love The Cowshed and Abacus too.

He's a quiet performer, no talking just plays solo with his acoustic guitar. I think he'd be amazing to see in a little small theatre ...i saw him outdoors so the stage kinda overwhelmed him but his vocal performance was just outstanding.

A friend just gave this to me for my birthday. He said he spent hours in Borders listening to different things trying to find something that he was pretty sure I didn't already have. The stunning reviews on the cover sticker plus what he listened to confirmed for him that this was the one. I've just heard a little bit so far and I really like it. The first thing I said when I saw it was that I liked the label (Lost Highway, because I knew it was Ryan Adams' label) and that the artwork reminded me of Damien Rice, so no surprise to see he toured with Damien.

Back
Top Bottom