Fiona Apple New Album News - Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
from billboard.com...

Fiona Apple At Work On New Album

Singer/songwriter Fiona Apple is at work on her third Epic studio album. While a July 22 release date has been circulating online, a spokesperson says it will most likely arrive closer to September. The as-yet-untitled set is being produced by Jon Brion, who was at the helm for the artist's 1999 album "When the Pawn Hits...," which debuted at No. 13 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 862,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Also on board for the new project is drummer Matt Chamberlain, who played on both of Apple's earlier records. In a January posting on his official Web site, he wrote that recent sessions at a mansion in the Silver Lake section of Los Angeles were "completely amazing. The mansion ... has been everything from a nunnery to a girls school -- it is now owned buy this wonderful lady who has been renting it out to people to record in and to do creative projects in; a very inspiring place to live and work."

Apple has kept a low profile since the release of "When the Pawn," although she made a handful of appearances last year at the Brion-organized showcases at Los Angeles' Club Largo. Most recently, she was heard dueting with Johnny Cash on Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water," which can be found on Cash's latest American album "American IV: A Man Comes Around."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

"When The Pawn" is such an underrated album. I love that you can play the whole thing thru without skipping any songs.

OMG YAY!!!!! This is fabulous news!!!! :happy: :D

I loved Tidal. And I loved When the Pawn even more. I remember getting it as soon as it came out and just playing it over and over for days on end. I can't wait to hear new stuff from her. :hyper:

Isn't Matt Chamberlain the drummer who tours with Tori Amos?

I'm stoked she's working on a new album. I liked Tidal better than When the Pawn..., but they're both really good. Can't wait to hear this next one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom