Finland Proves Once Again That It Is The Most Heavy Metal Country In The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
In case you are not yet absolutely convinced that Finland is the "most heavy metal" country in the world, look no further than this week's official Top 40 single chart. Topping the Finnish national chart for the second consecutive week is DIABLO's new single, "Mimic 47", with AJATTARA's (the Finnish "black/dark metal" project featuring former AMORPHIS frontman Pasi Koskinen) Christmas single, "Joulusingle 2005", occupying the No. 2 slot and CHILDREN OF BODOM's "In Your Face" at No. 3. (Note: MADONNA's new single, "Hung Up", is at No. 5.)

Fuck this political turmoil and all that shit going on here in the US, I need to move to the cold dark north! All hail the open and secular democracies of northern Europe. Scandinavia rules! :wink:

yeah, scandinavia rules, agree with you, Bunbury!

and the 2th best guitarist (Edge is the no 1, of course!) are from Finland: Sami Sirviö, in Kent.
In fact, they have two other members from Finland as well; the drummer, Markus Mustonen, and the other guitarist, Harri Mänty. They're great!!

MrBrau1 said:
The real question is:

what about Finland inspires black metal?

salted fish?

As someone who lives in Finland, it probably has something to do with the long, dark cold winters we have here. Alternatively summer days are long and sometimes surprisingly hot. Also the fact that Finland is so sparsely populated. Alot of these bands are from small towns and villages. If you guys have ever heard of Tarot? The two brothers who formed the band are from my home county village of Tervo. And despite it being so sparsely populated, Finland is one of the leading countries in technology, I mean how many of you here have Nokia cellphones? We're a country of extremes. Very little middle ground. This is my theory anyway!

Having said all this, I'm not a heavy metal fan myself although I do like some of HIM's songs. Get voice.:cool:

Last edited:
Bunbury said:

Well the singer got booted from the band, that's what going on with Nightwish, its a shame Tarja is beautiful and talented :(

Yes, I heard something about that. They do sell well for an underground band. Saw them at the HOB, but I wasn't impressed :shrug: I preferred Lacuna Coil (Italy)

Back
Top Bottom