Finland Proves Once Again That It Is The Most Heavy Metal Country In The World - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 12-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MrBrau1
The real question is:

what about Finland inspires black metal?

salted fish?
As someone who lives in Finland, it probably has something to do with the long, dark cold winters we have here. Alternatively summer days are long and sometimes surprisingly hot. Also the fact that Finland is so sparsely populated. Alot of these bands are from small towns and villages. If you guys have ever heard of Tarot? The two brothers who formed the band are from my home county village of Tervo. And despite it being so sparsely populated, Finland is one of the leading countries in technology, I mean how many of you here have Nokia cellphones? We're a country of extremes. Very little middle ground. This is my theory anyway!

Having said all this, I'm not a heavy metal fan myself although I do like some of HIM's songs. Get voice.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:01 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Bunbury

Well the singer got booted from the band, that's what going on with Nightwish, its a shame Tarja is beautiful and talented
Yes, I heard something about that. They do sell well for an underground band. Saw them at the HOB, but I wasn't impressed I preferred Lacuna Coil (Italy)