Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
So far, we've been to:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- Twatt, Shetland

And now we come to Fingringhoe, a village in Essex known locally known for its salt marshes, which provide habitats for many birds and salt-water animals. These form part of the Fingringhoe Wick Nature Reserve. Fingringhoe is also featured on Rude Britain's Rude Names List, and if you don't know why, you are probably named Screwtape.

Varitek said:
Fingringhoe is also featured on Rude Britain's Rude Names List, and if you don't know why, you are probably named Screwtape.
:lmao:

in 5th grade i had already sprained a finger once that year, and i went in with my wrist wrapped and got out of gym and extra outs in that hand ball game and everything. everyone bought it! it helped that when my mom dropped me off she said somethign to my teacher, but i masterminded the entire thing. that was fun.

pranks are always good around here, sommeone changed hicks hall into hick's hell which was impressive given that the massive carving is 3 stories up, but it is the engin building i guess. and someone put the flag upside down which is damn near impossible to reach.

OK, so, Maya, you asked about the U2 cartoons. Well, there are a couple ideas I've been kicking around, and I've mentioned them in previous threads before:

1. Part two of the current Brian Eno saga - Paul McGuinness, after being fired from U2, forms an up-and-coming band out of people he found living in cardboard boxes and challenges U2 to a battle of the bands. Meanwhile, Eno tries to find the very core of sound itself, wishing to dismantle it and use it for his own purposes. That story inevitably becomes the title of the new album without being abridged.

2. A U2 fan (let's call him Peter) from Sweden sends Bono an unusual fan letter and begins to stalk him. He is an expert/disciple of Bono's vocals but inadvertently destroys his voice before a big concert.

3. U2, seeking inspiration, spend a vacation...err...record at an abandoned estate in the south. It turns out that its previous owner was the man who sang on Freedom For My People. He's long dead, but pissed that he didn't receive royalties, so he curses their sessions and the album only goes 5x platinum.

it would be funny if the band decided to enter the desert island playlists separately, and then got flamed. it's always fun when you use interference people in the cartoon. people love seeing themselves animated ;)

unico said:
people love seeing themselves animated ;)

Yes, they do, and I'm not afraid to milk that again. :shifty:

Fun trick: search for the word "cartoons" in EYKIW and you can view every humorous thread I've made in that section. It's pretty handy.

LemonMelon said:

Yes, they do, and I'm not afraid to milk that again. :shifty:

Fun trick: search for the word "cartoons" in EYKIW and you can view every humorous thread I've made in that section. It's pretty handy.

that's like, your mark. lotsa people here, you say their name and one thing will collectively come to mind. you'll always be known as the guy who makes the cartoons. absolutely brilliant.

unico said:

that's like, your mark. lotsa people here, you say their name and one thing will collectively come to mind. you'll always be known as the guy who makes the cartoons. absolutely brilliant.

I'm actually very proud of that. It takes a ton of work (some episodes take 5+ hours to make), and they're generally well-received.

Who knows, maybe U2.com will one day want me on board. :rolleyes:

"I need to gouge my eyes out (?) and phone my mother."

:up: Genius. :lmao:

Re: Re: Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

Screwtape2 said:

I'm going to be honest and say I don't get it.
Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Screwtape2 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom