Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I don't see how athletes speaking out is going to sway the Chinese government anyway.

i doubt it will sway them much but a) there is some value to public shaming, especially i think with asian cultures and b) if i were an athlete i'd want to make it clear that i didnt' endorse this stuff by anti-endorsing it so my name felt clear.

Varitek said:

i doubt it will sway them much but a) there is some value to public shaming, especially i think with asian cultures and b) if i were an athlete i'd want to make it clear that i didnt' endorse this stuff by anti-endorsing it so my name felt clear.

True. If I were an athlete, I wouldn't go in the first place.

Axver said:

True. If I were an athlete, I wouldn't go in the first place.

it's gotta be tough. this is what you love, your passion and your career/livelihood, and you have a limit to how many you can do before you get old - this may be your only shot or 1/2 or something, it's your chance to make a name, make money, win and get glory...i don't envy the decision, i'd probably go and speak out like the guys in the article

Varitek said:

it's gotta be tough. this is what you love, your passion and your career/livelihood, and you have a limit to how many you can do before you get old - this may be your only shot or 1/2 or something, it's your chance to make a name, make money, win and get glory...i don't envy the decision, i'd probably go and speak out like the guys in the article

See, I think it's a piss-easy decision. But you couldn't pay me to go to Beijing. It sounds like an utterly horrid place.

Axver said:

See, I think it's a piss-easy decision. But you couldn't pay me to go to Beijing. It sounds like an utterly horrid place.

you and i have very different conceptions of where it would be fun to travel

Varitek said:

you and i have very different conceptions of where it would be fun to travel

The pollution and crowds would make me fear for my life. Quite literally, given my asthma.

Hi (and bye?) Jen! :wave:

Incidentally, I did get some photos of the abandoned Royal Dental Hospital ...

:wave:

Definitely having an early one tonight... I think I've got some sort of ear infection or something (sorry if that's TMI) ... it hurts. :|

Ooh fuuun, Ali. Hope it goes away soon. :hug:

I should have an early night but I'm procrastinating so much right now and badly need to do work, so I think I'll be up late.

Yeah, the Maj. and I met and saw Skipping Girl Vinegar perform. They were a pretty good band; I enjoyed them. They've got a talented drummer.

We should sign Phail up for one of Melbourne University's Tuesday lunchtime concerts. :wink:

Alisaura said:
Oh gawd... :lol: As long as I get to wear a mask or something, Tism-style... :reject:

Why wear a mask? It's the one time you'll get to be on stage at a credible university. :wink:

Not yet. Haven't listened to any, actually.

And I seriously question some of your selections. Jet?! :tsk:

You'll probably lose votes simply for including Jet, you realise.

:tsk: :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom