Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

What's the grey album?

Jay-Z's Black Album mixed with The Beatles' White Album

And it's not officially released unless it's on their website, iTunes, amazon, etc. or in a store.

Oh, another example of stretching an artist is that I used songs by Brothers Martin (Jason and Ronnie Martin), Starflyer 59 (Jason Martin), and Foxglove Hunt (Ronnie Martin and Rob Withem), and Fine China (Rob Withem, produced by Jason and Ronnie Martin).

LemonMelon said:

Jay-Z's Black Album mixed with The Beatles' White Album

And it's not officially released unless it's on their website, iTunes, amazon, etc. or in a store.

it doesn't really fit anyway, but it was totally officially distributed until EMI got bitchy

Varitek said:

it doesn't really fit anyway, but it was totally officially distributed until EMI got bitchy

I would think that out-of-print previously released albums would be OK. :hmm:

man there's a song that would be perfect if the singing wasn't so whiney. i hate it when singers ruin great instrumentals

Saints would waste U2 AND Green Day. Then again, I didn't use Green Day in my list, and ALMOST didn't use U2.

the tourist said:
Saints would waste U2 AND Green Day. Then again, I didn't use Green Day in my list, and ALMOST didn't use U2.

so it doesn't count as a separate artist if it's a collaboration? but passengers counds seperately, and all the others you named?

Varitek said:

so it doesn't count as a separate artist if it's a collaboration? but passengers counds seperately, and all the others you named?

I would think that it would be allowed but, as you can tell, my stances on DI are rather liberal. :wink:

Varitek said:

Maybe if U2 and Green Day had created a new band in their collaboration. But they didn't. Therefore, it's simple U2 and Green Day.

All the artists I used are seperate, even if they involve the same members.

the tourist said:

Maybe if U2 and Green Day had created a new band in their collaboration. But they didn't. Therefore, it's simple U2 and Green Day.

Wait...U2 & Green Day is the credited name, right? If it were "U2, Green Day" I could see your point, but U2 & Green Day is debatable. :wink:

Otherwise you couldn't use a Jane's Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers both. Because at one time Dave Navarro was in both.

LemonMelon said:

Wait...U2 & Green Day is the credited name, right? If it were "U2, Green Day" I could see your point, but U2 & Green Day is debatable. :wink:

:rolleyes:

You're getting far too technical.

the tourist said:

:rolleyes:

You're getting far too technical.

At least you could understand what I'm rambling on about. It's 3 AM here and I'm sure what's going on anymore. :edge:

LemonMelon said:

At least you could understand what I'm rambling on about. It's 3 AM here and I'm sure what's going on anymore. :edge:

What kind of fucked up time zone are you in, being 15 minutes off?

Greetings everyone. Glad you made it to Fingringhoe in my absence.

Varitek said:

so, would this make me unpopular? if you'd easily heard of all my artists?

No. It'd just make yours more generic. Generic doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom