Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian: "I believe you have my stapler."

:lmao: That amuses me more than it should.

Only 20 more minutes till work is done! :hyper:

Varitek said:
how much do people consider whether the lyrics fit the theme vs the overall sound?

You're going for a concept?

Is it more of a sonic theme or is there a plot?

LemonMelon said:

You're going for a concept?

Is it more of a sonic theme or is there a plot?

a sonic theme. i've got a few instrumentals, as many as i can, but there just aren't enough perfect ones out there. the lyrics of the particular song i'm thinking of right now don't fit the theme but the sound does.

Varitek said:

a sonic theme. i've got a few instrumentals, as many as i can, but there just aren't enough perfect ones out there. the lyrics of the particular song i'm thinking of right now don't fit the theme but the sound does.

Then don't mind the lyrics. If you're going for a sonic theme, focus on the music. If you're going for a lyrical theme or plot, focus on lyrics. Mine has a lyrical theme.

LemonMelon said:

Then don't mind the lyrics. If you're going for a sonic theme, focus on the music. If you're going for a lyrical theme or plot, focus on lyrics. Mine has a lyrical theme.

it'd be fun to do a lyrical theme but i came up with the idea while listening to an isntrumental, and then thought of another perfect fit, etc

deadthread again? are you kidding me?

i have some artists where i've got a few good-fit songs, i dunno how to decide, or whether to decide first and then order, or order and then decide but that could fuck up the progression...

i should probably also sit out a round and see how others' look and what works well. i don't actually have the time to assemble tons of playlists tho :(

I should play Desert Island one day...Next round, I suppose.

Oh, shit! I went on this Simpsons forum I like, and apparently my account has been disabled. :huh: Me, banned? :eeklaugh:

Varitek said:

i have some artists where i've got a few good-fit songs, i dunno how to decide, or whether to decide first and then order, or order and then decide but that could fuck up the progression...

Decide first, then order. :up:

Varitek said:
i'm making a playlist even tho it's too late to submit

How can you be making one? The lists are only allowed to have one song per artist. Isn't U2 all you listen to?

LemonMelon said:
Oh, shit! I went on this Simpsons forum I like, and apparently my account has been disabled. :huh: Me, banned? :eeklaugh:

maybe disabled due to inactivity? that happened on a sox forum to me

Varitek said:

maybe disabled due to inactivity? that happened on a sox forum to me

I think it may be a security issue on their end. It'll let me go in every section except for the forum index.

the tourist said:

How can you be making one? The lists are only allowed to have one song per artist. Isn't U2 all you listen to?

u2 is 95% of what i listen to but i have tons of other music that i'm familiar with, and i'm enjoying going through it right now.

so someone set me straight on artists

According to the rules Phanan posted, you can only use an artist once. For instance, you can only use 1 Beatles song. However, you could also use a Paul McCartney song, because Paul McCartney solo is a seperate musical entity than The Beatles.

the tourist said:
According to the rules Phanan posted, you can only use an artist once. For instance, you can only use 1 Beatles song. However, you could also use a Paul McCartney song, because Paul McCartney solo is a seperate musical entity than The Beatles.

Bah, really? Screwtape said that rule would be changed for this competition. :grumpy: :)

For another example, I put on a song by Jeremy Enigk, a song by The Fire Theft, and almost a song by Sunny Day Real Estate (3 seperate projects with Enigk as the singer).

'Allo, hoes.

LemonMelon said:

Ah, that sucks. Which forum was it? I posted at NoHomers for a little while, mainly for the music sharing.

the tourist said:
For another example, I put on a song by Jeremy Enigk, a song by The Fire Theft, and almost a song by Sunny Day Real Estate (3 seperate projects with Enigk as the singer).

i have never heard of these people

would i be punished for not being obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom