Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, instead of cooking dinner, I went for a walk around Brunswick West to see if I could find any significant damage. Alas, only leaves and branches scattered about.

mysterious_jen said:
lost part of the roof at work :crack:
:yikes:

Spoke to a woman in the supermarket before who said that one or two trees fell, and totalled the cars to either side of hers, but her car didn't get a scratch on it...!

Heard that the traffic and trains were in total chaos as well, with trees down all over the place... I picked a good day to stay home!

... and I totally forgot to ask the doctor for a certificate. :der:

mysterious_jen said:
is the australian u2 show playing at imax prior to the midnight screening ali???
That's what Linda seems to be saying on the email list! I didn't know there was a bar in the IMAX. Convenient! :lol:

Alisaura said:

:yikes:

Spoke to a woman in the supermarket before who said that one or two trees fell, and totalled the cars to either side of hers, but her car didn't get a scratch on it...!

Heard that the traffic and trains were in total chaos as well, with trees down all over the place... I picked a good day to stay home!

Wow. :ohmy:

Yeah, the trains are in chaos. I think that one point, the entire Burnley group of lines were out - Glen Waverley has been especially fucked. All Frankston services have been terminating at Cheltenham, and Craigieburn trains can't get past Broadmeadows.

I'm lucky I didn't have uni - a tree came down near the Royal Children's Hospital blocking the city-bound lanes on Flemington Road and the route 55 and 59 trams.

Axver said:
Well, instead of cooking dinner, I went for a walk around Brunswick West to see if I could find any significant damage. Alas, only leaves and branches scattered about.
One of the trees along the street near here was pretty much missing its top half... wasn't an overly big tree, but still...!

Alisaura said:

One of the trees along the street near here was pretty much missing its top half... wasn't an overly big tree, but still...!

I noticed some trees messed up, but nothing quite that significant. The battery's died on my camera and it needs to run off that to transfer anything to my computer, so I can't even review what I took to see if there's anything worth uploading! :mad:

coolian2 said:
You fucking Aussies, you shit yourselves when there's a lick of breeze

....................................40 or 50 knots? Yeah, ok. Fair enough then!

i heard 75 knots in the bay, 125 kms or something in some places, damm near cyclone category , pretty fucked up for victoria

coolian2 said:
You fucking Aussies, you shit yourselves when there's a lick of breeze

....................................40 or 50 knots? Yeah, ok. Fair enough then!

I've been in one cyclone in my time in Australia, so with the exclusion of that, this is the only time I've ever felt serious wind in this country. People here will get fussed about what counts only as a "nice breeze" in Wellington. But today was the real deal, believe me.

mysterious_jen said:

i heard 75 knots in the bay, 125 kms or something in some places, damm near cyclone category , pretty fucked up for victoria

I know eastern Tassie's on a cyclone warning. They're getting blown about even worse than us.

Alisaura said:

Did you actually go to the first page of the thread to see what came after Inaccessible Island? :wink:

... yep.

Did you go to the first page to check if I was correct? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom