Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Yep, I'm just scouring a site of railway photos and came across that. It's Castlemaine in 1988. The picture's caption simply says it's the Castlemaine B Signal Box, it doesn't state any further details about the street. I love the old crossing gates though.
Ha, that was the year we moved up there. Why B&W, I wonder?

It's the only level crossing I can think of around there.... certainly with more than one or two tracks.

Random:

You know what really sucks? The Doors movie. I watched some of it earlier. Oliver Stone packed that thing with more 60's cliches than a 2nd-rate head shop. The characterizations were horrible, and they made Andy Warhol out to be a tripping retard that somehow wielded much power. Damn.

Alisaura said:

Ha, that was the year we moved up there. Why B&W, I wonder?

It's the only level crossing I can think of around there.... certainly with more than one or two tracks.

It seems some railway photographers like to go for that "classic" look and shoot some scenes in black and white. Which confused the hell out of me when I saw a black and white shot looking north from Spencer Street Station. "Huh, the place hasn't changed .... waaaaiiiit a minute, the caption says this is 2004!"

LemonMelon said:

:tsk: The shifty eye says it all.

I like Kilmer actually. Good actor.

:D Me too, I love alot of his films. It's a pity really, I haven't seen him in anything these days :( Remember that film 'Thunderheart'?? I loved that movie ... I must try to find it on DVD one of these days.

Alisaura said:
I'm just trying to think of films I've seen Val Kilmer in besides that Batman one... :scratch:

:lol: I thought of that one too at first. Not his best, but at least it didn't go down in infamy like George Clooney's role.

LemonMelon said:
:lol: I thought of that one too at first. Not his best, but at least it didn't go down in infamy like George Clooney's role.
I'm rather fond of Mr Clooney, but ye gods that was awful. :lol:

I was so disappointed in Liam Neeson in Star Wars, too... :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom