Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"What does the future hold for Duff?...Let's just say we have a few ideas up our sleeve"
"Like what?"
"Aaaah, i'd rather not get into it right now"
"Why not?"
"Alright, we don't have any ideas for the future. We got nothing. Happy?"
"No"

The Sad Punk said:
Kennedy: I would like to take this opportunity to announce my fondness for, ah, Duff Beer.
Nixon: I'd also like to express, er, my fondness for that particular beer.
Homer: The man never drank a Duff in his life!

I like to reference that as often as possible.

LemonMelon said:
I would also like to express my fondness for that particular song.

coolian2 said:
At home, Homer announces he is leaving

Homer: Well, time to go to work.
Brain: Little do they know I'm ducking out early to take the Duff Brewery tour.
Homer: Roll in at nine, punch out at five, that's the plan.
Brain: Heh, heh, heh. They don't suspect a thing.
[camera pans down to Homer's mouth, but he doesn't say anything] Well, off to the plant.
Homer: Then to the Duff Brewery.
Brain: Uh, oh. Did I say that or just think it?
Homer: [panicky] I've got to think of a lie fast!
Marge: Homer, are you going to the Duff Brewery?
Homer: Aah! [Runs off]

:lmao: :lmao:

Brain: "Don't say revenge. Don't say revenge."
Homer: "Revenge."
Brain: "Right, that's it, I'm out of here." *footsteps* *door closes*

LemonMelon said:
Bless you for not naming the link.
Cos I totally know how to do that if I want to. ... :yes:

I was also thinking about the thread where you asked for expressions of interest... there are some highly amusing photoshops in there :giggle:

Axver said:
Come on, it's bloody hilarious... I watched it again and was :lol:ing like mad. :D

the tourist said:
I wanna listen to Bono_212's playlist on my way home tonight but Joy Division's "Atmosphere" from his list is DRM protected. :(
I love Atmosphere. Which I totally did not write as "Atomosphere".
(It's just below the troposphere, for the meterology buffs.)

Speaking of meteorology and atmospheres.... holy hell is it ever windy out there!! The sky looks all brown and stained and WRONG as well. :yikes: There's a lotta dirt flying around up there!

WildHoney said:
Fingringhoe, Essex :ohmy:

will you be pooping in on your way to your next destination??
Don't tell me you actually live there... :lol:

*tries not to draw attention to what she assumes is Wild's typo*

... *fails*

Alisaura said:

Cos I totally know how to do that if I want to. ... :yes:

I was also thinking about the thread where you asked for expressions of interest... there are some highly amusing photoshops in there :giggle:

:reject: Ooh yes, some brilliant work in there. :mad:

Come on, it's bloody hilarious... I watched it again and was :lol:ing like mad. :D

In spite of the backlash, I'd do it again. That was a good episode, and it excited a ton of interest.

Alisaura said:

I stand by my "WTF LM"! :wink:

Speaking of meteorology and atmospheres.... holy hell is it ever windy out there!! The sky looks all brown and stained and WRONG as well. :yikes: There's a lotta dirt flying around up there!

I haven't yet been brave enough to venture out. It sounds fucking diabolical.

Hey Ali, recognise here at all?

cmainebbox.jpg

LemonMelon said:
In spite of the backlash, I'd do it again. That was a good episode, and it excited a ton of interest.
It was well done. :up: Thanks again!

The way the computer caught fire... "OK, it's working" :lol:

Must go look at new cartoon....

Alisaura said:

It was well done. :up: Thanks again!

The way the computer caught fire... "OK, it's working" :lol:

Must go look at new cartoon....

I should watch that one again. :hmm: Only vaguely remember that part, but it sounds like my kind of humor. :wink:

Remember to post your thoughts about the cartoons in the thread. I appreciate views, but views don't keep the thread near the top, and they're not helpful towards future ventures, you see. :wave:

Axver said:
Hey Ali, recognise here at all?

cmainebbox.jpg
The fact you're asking me makes me wonder if it's in C'maine... and now I think it might be the crossing on that street I can't remember the name of... Wilson's Foundry and the Botanical Gardens are on it... and the Baco up the end... :scratch:

Alisaura said:

The fact you're asking me makes me wonder if it's in C'maine... and now I think it might be the crossing on that street I can't remember the name of... Wilson's Foundry and the Botanical Gardens are on it... and the Baco up the end... :scratch:

Yep, I'm just scouring a site of railway photos and came across that. It's Castlemaine in 1988. The picture's caption simply says it's the Castlemaine B Signal Box, it doesn't state any further details about the street. I love the old crossing gates though.

LemonMelon said:
:wave: hey Tourist

This thread's lasted a long time. I'm listening to LJT's desert island playlist now. Khan's first link isn't working. Bono_212 needs to reupload a song without DRM, and my team lost tonight because we gave up 4 runs in the last two innings.

LemonMelon said:
Remember to post your thoughts about the cartoons in the thread. I appreciate views, but views don't keep the thread near the top, and they're not helpful towards future ventures, you see. :wave:
Don't fret, I commented in the thread :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom