Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maya.jpg

I forget why that came about. I think you had an extended absence and after Beav and NSW frantically proclaimed "WHERE'S MAYA??" I created that.

U2387 said:

Thank you very much! Sure, no problem. I was a little unclear here:

Mercy is the "One" of the next album: Just as AB had One, the only track that really sounded like their previous stuff in any way, this album will have the very HTDAAB like Mercy and then a bunch of experimental stuff like AB did beyond One.

With the new bands, so many people think that U2 is just the most famous of a bunch of bands that sound alike. Contemporary music fans, college kids, etc, do not know anything about U2's early sound(though they got a little taste of it on Bomb) or how great their experimental stuff is. Some people say all U2 is doing now is running in place, etc. If they experiment again and show their brilliance, the argument that I and others are trying to make about how none of these bands I mentioned comes close to U2 will really be proved correct. U2 always picks up new fans with each albums, and this was true even w/ the relatively traditional rock and roll of bomb. This will be even more true, especially with younger music fans, if they experiment. It will give a whole new generation an appreciation for U2 and their music, while setting them apart from other bands and moving the bar for them to reach much higher and probably out of their reach! It will establish U2 as the undisputed standard, and it will give all the reasons for why this is true in the music. Critics will love it, established fans will love it, they will gain new fans, and casual music fans will enjoy it as well.

That is why I was saying I want the experiment. I do not want it out of some dislike for their recent work, it is some of their best work. Also, U2 talked alot about ATYCLB and HTDAAB being the right fit for their chemistry as a band at the time. Now, we are moving into a more experimental phase that is, according to all accounts from Bono and the boys, the best direction for this album to go in. Hope that helps :) I am a little long winded at times, I promise to work on that!

soup to the moth air fun king win!

I wonder if, while I'm neck-deep in school, I can get to 9000 by the end of this weekend? I've got a test Thursday, a lab Friday, a paper due Monday, and a paper due Tuesday. First week of school. Gotta love it.

I hope the links are up tonight so I can at least download the DI playlists tonight.

Though I have a feeling this is gonna suck: I'm gonna find a TON of stuff I want to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom