Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Eeexactly. :D

Got my PT ticket today!! FINALLY. :up:

I suppose you would have a hard time dealing with shame if you visited Melbourne University. I know that if I were you, I'd be pretty ashamed that it took me so long to set foot on the grounds of a good university! :wink:

And awesome! :up: I suppose I should go get mine printed ...

Axver said:
I suppose you would have a hard time dealing with shame if you visited Melbourne University. I know that if I were you, I'd be pretty ashamed that it took me so long to set foot on the grounds of a good university! :wink:

And awesome! :up: I suppose I should go get mine printed ...
I think the Melbourne Open Day was actually before Monash's so technically I suppose I did set foot on Melbourne Uni soil first... One look was all it took to set me on a path for Monash :wink:

(Shall we just take the rest of the "bash the other uni :wink:" exchange as given? :lol: )

Do you have to go to a Ticketek place to get it printed?

Alisaura said:

I think the Melbourne Open Day was actually before Monash's so technically I suppose I did set foot on Melbourne Uni soil first... One look was all it took to set me on a path for Monash :wink:

(Shall we just take the rest of the "bash the other uni :wink:" exchange as given? :lol: )

Do you have to go to a Ticketek place to get it printed?

:lol: Let's just wait until the Maj. gets here and unleashes his anti-Monash pwnage. :wink:

And yeah, I'll probably go in and get it printed sometime over the weekend. I hope they can print my Sydney ticket down here too ...

Axver said:
:lol: Let's just wait until the Maj. gets here and unleashes his anti-Monash pwnage. :wink:

And yeah, I'll probably go in and get it printed sometime over the weekend. I hope they can print my Sydney ticket down here too ...
Ha, you just want the advantage of numbers on your side... :tongue:

I don't see why not, if I could buy tickets for Sydney U2 shows from them here. :shrug:
(I swear that was the most painless method of getting tickets EVAR.)

Alisaura said:

Ha, you just want the advantage of numbers on your side... :tongue:

I don't see why not, if I could buy tickets for Sydney U2 shows from them here. :shrug:
(I swear that was the most painless method of getting tickets EVAR.)

I just want Monash to get pwnd. :drool:

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be a hassle. Then again, you never know with these bloody agencies.

I loved how easy it was to get tickets for PT as opposed to the huge server meltdown of U2.

Axver said:
I just want Monash to get pwnd. :drool:

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be a hassle. Then again, you never know with these bloody agencies.

I loved how easy it was to get tickets for PT as opposed to the huge server meltdown of U2.
Shame Melbourne Uni is getting pwned instead... by its own VC. :p

Interstate ticket swaps FTW! :up:

Alisaura said:

Shame Melbourne Uni is getting pwned instead... by its own VC. :p

Interstate ticket swaps FTW! :up:

:sad: :sad:

Have you ever seen Glyn Davis talk? I once saw him on TV giving a speech at ... the national press club or something, and he has to be the worst public speaker I've seen in my life. The way his head bobbed around reminded me of a demented meerkat.

Axver said:
Have you ever seen Glyn Davis talk? I once saw him on TV giving a speech at ... the national press club or something, and he has to be the worst public speaker I've seen in my life. The way his head bobbed around reminded me of a demented meerkat.
He can't be any worse than the CEO of the C'wealth Bank. :lol: That man makes cardboard look exciting. Plain, grey, flat cardboard.

Alisaura said:

He can't be any worse than the CEO of the C'wealth Bank. :lol: That man makes cardboard look exciting. Plain, grey, flat cardboard.

:lol:

The kind of guy who's so boring that he'd make even me want to watch American football instead if that were my only alternative?

Apparently you don't need a personality to run banks and universities...

Anyway, my early night has evaported... must go make the best of it. Seeya! :wave:

G'night Ali! :wave:

My night's evaporating into horribly mundane work and I hate it.

Also, you've barely been around lately. Have you been busy? I've missed seeing you here.

What's happened? Nothing! It's just been quiet for much of the time I've been here. I think we've only progressed 100 or so posts since I got back from uni. And the Maj. didn't show even after telling me at uni that he'd see me on the thread later. :tsk:

unico said:

my dog died last week. i hardly posted. it sucks.

:hug: :hug:

I'm really sorry to hear that.

It honestly took me years to fully move on from the death of my childhood cat. This is why I don't have pets beyond fish; it's just so easy to become very attached to them.

unico said:
thanks. you're right it's gonna take awhile. although i only had him for a year and a half, it was the most important year and a half of my life. he was a good boy.

:hug:

It still makes me sad to think of my old cat. I've never really wanted to get another - I'd just want another Shogun and that's not going to happen. Maybe I still haven't moved on, heh.

unico said:

i've a friend who collects swords. they're shiny and all, but i'm reluctant to touch them.

Hee, yeah, I'm thinking "this could do some serious damage if I held it the wrong way or something". But they sure look cool.

He didn't bring his spear though. :tsk:

i've known people to get pets soon after others die. i can't do that. i got bailey 5 years after our family dog died. it'll probably be another 5 years before i'm ready for another. but i might consider being a temp foster home for rescue dogs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom