Find Me a Job...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
You all have to know someone. I don't care where I have to live anymore. The only thing I require is that it be full-time and pay enough so that I can rent an apartment.

"So, what can you do?"

I have a B.A. in Telecommunication and an M.A. in Media Arts. I have equal experience in video and multimedia production. I have a reel of my video work at http://www.xeidon.com/ and a portfolio of my design work at http://www.xeidon.net/ .

But, aside from that, I'm a very knowledgable and hard-working individual. I can work in a variety of positions, even in an unrelated industry. I am financially-minded too, as I worked in banking to get me through college.

"Where do you want to be?"

Ideally: New England, Mid-Atlantic region (New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C.), anywhere on the West Coast (California, Oregon, Washington). Or the Southwest/Las Vegas. Or Chicago. But if you live elsewhere and think I might like it, feel free to suggest it.

"I live/know someone in a foreign country."

Great! Under the AIPT, I can work for a fixed-term (around a year, year and a half) in one of the following nations without corporations filling out paperwork or additional expense:

AUSTRIA
FINLAND
FRANCE
GERMANY
MALAYSIA
SWITZERLAND
UNITED KINGDOM

More details: http://www.aipt.org/mu_counterparts.php3

Why haven't I done this earlier? Because I have to have arranged employment with a company in one of these nations. I can't apply for work authorization prior to that. Other foreign nations? I'm open to them. If any company in any nation is willing to sponsor me, I'm open (and I'd love to head to Canada).

The catch: In AIPT or any foreign sponsorship, the rule is generally that it has to be relevant to what I've studied, which is media and design. It's a wide range of positions within those fields, granted, but that means I'm unable to do something completely unrelated, unlike in the U.S.

"Wow...you must be desperate to be posting this."

And you'd be correct. It has been said more often than not that employment nowadays is all about "who you know," rather than "what you know." And all of my "networking" base I tried to cultivate while in school has proven to be utterly worthless. Getting no responses to your calls or e-mails is a disconcerting feeling.

Well, so here I am. I've invested four years worth of posts here, and I've generally cultivated a reputation for being "smart," so you will get, at least, a knowledgable and hard-working employee, with a mind able to learn something new.

So, if you're willing, help me out. I'm tired of being unemployed. I want to move on with my life, if that's even possible in the "New Economy." And while I keep trying on my end, I'm willing to see if this front will be fruitful.

And, of course, if you have any questions, feel free to reply here or PM me.

Melon

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as you! :hug: The job market here in NY sucks, I've been looking for a year :scream:

Have you sent your resume/work to Scout Productions? I've read a bit about them and they sound like a good company. It doesn't say on their site if they're hiring but they do have their addresses in MA, NYC, and I think LA

www.scoutvision.com

That was one idea I came up with. Sorry, I have no connections whatsoever

Back
Top Bottom