Finally got their PROPS!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whammy

The Fly
I'm sorry. I hope you don't hold it against me but I happen to like MTV.

Yes, it's not very tasteful most of the time but, I grew up with it and so did a lot of you. And I think it has influenced most of you in a more positive way than you want to admit.

Not that U2 needed them but, they wouldn't be who they are if it weren't for MTV. I know they don't really care about the VOLUME of money they have obtained over the years but, let?s be real. Without that kind of money (and the influence that comes from it) you can't open certain doors and be part of certain venues. So, I GUESS IN MY OPINION, the exposure from MTV has allowed them to do the constructive things they have been doing for the world and not just fill a garage up with exotic cars.

I was very happy to see them finally get the Video Vangard.
biggrin.gif

I have one question for all of you though.
When Carson Daly was giving them props and going over their biography, he said, "13 albums...."

I own: Boy, October, War, Under a Blood Red Sky, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, Best of U2 1980-1990, and All That You Leave Behind.

That's only 12. I thought I had them all. What am I missing?

------------------
U2 is the best Band Ever!

Originally posted by whammy:
I'm sorry. I hope you don't hold it against me but I happen to like MTV.

Yes, it's not very tasteful most of the time but, I grew up with it and so did a lot of you. And I think it has influenced most of you in a more positive way than you want to admit.

Not that U2 needed them but, they wouldn't be who they are if it weren't for MTV. I know they don't really care about the VOLUME of money they have obtained over the years but, let?s be real. Without that kind of money (and the influence that comes from it) you can't open certain doors and be part of certain venues. So, I GUESS IN MY OPINION, the exposure from MTV has allowed them to do the constructive things they have been doing for the world and not just fill a garage up with exotic cars.

I was very happy to see them finally get the Video Vangard.
biggrin.gif

I have one question for all of you though.
When Carson Daly was giving them props and going over their biography, he said, "13 albums...."

I own: Boy, October, War, Under a Blood Red Sky, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, Best of U2 1980-1990, and All That You Leave Behind.

That's only 12. I thought I had them all. What am I missing?

The Ep, Wide Awake in America

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Back
Top Bottom