Final Harry Potter Book Title. (enter if you want) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Final Harry Potter Book Title. (enter if you want)

Quote:
Final 'Harry Potter' title announced By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer

NEW YORK - We now have a title for Harry Potter VII. But if you want to find out for yourself, visit J.K. Rowling's Web site and play a little game of hangman.

Rowling's U.S. publisher, Scholastic Inc., released a brief statement Thursday announcing the name of the world's most anticipated children's book, the finale to her phenomenally popular fantasy series.

No publication date or other details were offered. Rowling is still working on the book, she explained on her Web site in an entry posted early Thursday.

"I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she wrote. "I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)"

Meanwhile, she set up a test for her Potter fans.

If you go to jkrowling.com, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room — you'll see a window, a door and a mirror.

In the mirror, you'll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. They click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a wreath appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you'll see a garland.

Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman.

Or you can just take Scholastic's word for it: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/...s_potter_title

Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Deathly Hallows?

OH YEAH

HE'S SO GONNA DIE

(maybe I'll watch that movie)

Old 12-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
Acrobat

If Harry actually dies, I'll definitely read the book. I lost interest in the HP novels around "Order of the Phoenix"... Nowadays, I just look up the spoilers and that's pretty much it. LOL.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:02 PM
I'm fanatical about Harry Potter but it's a dormant thing. I'm trying to wait to wake it up until they at least announce when the damn thing is coming out.

But pretty cool title. Apparently a few years ago several permutations of Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Hallows etc were copyrighted...
Old 12-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:02 PM
cool. I'm not obsessed but I love the book and am pretty much always reading one (like a page a night heh). it's a cool title. Harry's so gonna die...the whole Jesus thing you know?

well maybe anyway

I really do want to know when it comes out though. this girl that's obsessed (mugglenet tshirt wearing obsessed) told me it's not til next summer and she's obsessed enough that I believe her, but I hope she's wrong.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #6
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:02 PM
I dont think Harry will die. I dont think Dumbledore is dead. Nor do I think Snape is evil. I think so much will depend on Hogwarts re-opening, or even Harry, Hermione and Ron enrolling for their last year. The plot seemed to just get too important and busy for them to be at school to finalise everything left hanging at the end of book 6.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceOddity
If Harry actually dies, I'll definitely read the book. I lost interest in the HP novels around "Order of the Phoenix"... Nowadays, I just look up the spoilers and that's pretty much it. LOL.
Same!

Harry dying seems too obvious to me
I also agree that Snape isn't evil.

Whatever, I don't have a lot at stake in it the way most of my friends and family do. I have nothing against HP, its moderately interesting, I just don't get the mania. Ah well at least kids are reading (and excited about it).
Old 12-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Hmm, Emma Watson will be in full bloom for the final Potter movie - fuck the book
Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #9
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 05:02 PM
no thanks, i'll just read it

the new title is great.

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I dont think Harry will die. I dont think Dumbledore is dead. Nor do I think Snape is evil.
good call.

but i do think dumbly's gone.

not so sure about sirius, though.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Personally, I think that the title is bloody awful. Clunky, awkward, with no zing or flow or catchiness to it, But that's ok as long as the book itself is good.

I don't think that Harry will die in the final battle with Voldemort, but I think that JKR might still kill him off in the epilogue where he simply dies of old age or something along these lines.

Oh, and Dumbledore is definitely dead and JKR herself had confirmed it. She also said that he's not coming back a la Gandalf.

I'm 99% sure that Snape is not evil and had feelings for Harry's mother back in the days.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I dont think Harry will die. I dont think Dumbledore is dead. Nor do I think Snape is evil. I think so much will depend on Hogwarts re-opening, or even Harry, Hermione and Ron enrolling for their last year. The plot seemed to just get too important and busy for them to be at school to finalise everything left hanging at the end of book 6.
I think Harry and Voldemort will both die at the end, and that Snape is looking out for himself, working both sides as he sees fit.

I don't see Hogwarts being reopened after the headmaster got killed and Harry&friends have a mission to important to be in school.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene
I'm 99% sure that Snape is not evil and had feelings for Harry's mother back in the days.
Interesting... Do they touch on that in "Half-Blood Prince"? I remember she stood up for him during the Snape's Worst Memory bit (in OOTP), but that's it.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
cool. I'm not obsessed but I love the book and am pretty much always reading one (like a page a night heh). it's a cool title. Harry's so gonna die...the whole Jesus thing you know?

well maybe anyway
The "whole Jesus thing" would be for Harry to die and come back.

Anyway, Harry's been near death fighting Voldemort how many times now?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal

well maybe anyway
The "whole Jesus thing" would be for Harry to die and come back.

Anyway, Harry's been near death fighting Voldemort how many times now?
Old 12-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:02 PM
I think Dumbledore gave his life because Snape's one is more important to the cause

I believe in Snape!

anyway, that is a weird title, yet intriguing