Final Fantasy XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
It's coming out in five days in Japan, with the U.S. and European releases still TBD (although if history is to be a guide, it will be released for the Christmas season in the U.S. and sometime in the first half of 2007 for Europe).

With that, though, I became rather excited about the game after running into a couple of Japanese trailers for the game:

http://files.filefront.com/Final+Fantasy+XII+Trailer+2/;4558767;;/fileinfo.html

Just looking at it gives me the impression that this installment of the series is going to be a bit darker than in the past, and, despite a lot of whining out in cyberspace, I'm looking forward to the completely new battle system, as I have the standard FF ATB down to a science, and it was starting to get a little too formulaic for my liking.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

Melon

Yeh im pretty excited, always been a big Final Fantasy fan...plus the trailers for XII have been pretty amazing.

I didn't get XI as i do prefer RPGs to be more story/character driven affairs...i don't mind scripted events at all, so im glad we are back to the story based games.

The story seems interesting enough well the little detail i know of it, plus a more free flowing battle system is always good, the old battleb system was starting to get very tiresome, plus the grid thing in X annoyed me a bit, as it ended up leading to a lot of your characters almost becoming exactly the same skill wise.

Well, I, like many other people, disregard FFXI, because it's an MMORPG, rather than a true title in the series. So no worries.

Melon

From some of the previews ive read, it seems almost like there are a couple of stories running in XII that end up intertwining..Vaan's and Ashe's..from what i've seen and read a bit, the marriage scene that keeps popping up seems to be set before the war, which may have something to with Ashe's motivations in the game....

Anyway the story does seem darker than recent installments...the setting reminds me of FFVI/III whatever it was labelled in the States and Europe.

Back
Top Bottom