Final Fantasy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siren

Acrobat
Any Final Fantasy fans out there? I hope I'm not the only one. :reject: :uhoh:

I've played FFVIII, FFVII, FFX, and FFIX.
Favorite Villan: Sephiroth
Lame edition pick: FFIX
Fave characters: Squall, Yuna, Rinoa, Auron
Fave Aeons: Shiva, Yojimbo, Odin

Which FF games have you played?
Who is you're favorite villan?
Which one did you think was lame?
Fave characters or aeons?

I'm huge fan, right now I'm playing FFX...

my favorite is FFVII, Cloud is my favorite character, personally I hate FFVIII

and of course, Sephiroth rocks :wink: Chocobo :cute:

Square (Japan) have plans to release a FFVII movie

Me!

I have played them all to FFX... except FFI. :reject:
My lack of playstation II is hampering my gaming right now.

The best one will always be FFVII, but ..um.. the one that was 3 in the US, I think it is actually FFV will always hold a special place in my heart. The one with the Espers. That one was great.

I agree on FFIX being pretty lame.

I also agree on Sephiroth being awesome.

My personal favorite Aeon-type thing is Doomtrain, just because it was so damn hard to get and my brother would always yell "DOOOOOMTRAAAAIIN!!!" whenever he used it. We're nerds like that. :wink:

I've played FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX. I've tried playing the Nintendo 8-bit games, but have failed, although they're rereleasing FFI and II on GBA. FFX is my favorite, although I know that most of the fanboys and girls love FFVII. I probably gravitate to this one, because I'm a film person and this one is more structured as a film within a game.

With that...

Favorite villain: Seymour
Lame: Can't say
Favorite characters: Auron, Tidus
Favorite aeons: Anima, The Magus Sisters (lol)

I hate to list my "favorites" as all being from one game, but I also was the most attached to those characters out of the rest. I always found it difficult to get attached to any character in the old SNES days, and PS1 was just the natural extension of that. Great games nonetheless.

For the record, FFII U.S. is FFIV Japan and FFIII U.S. is FFVI in Japan. FFV Japan was never officially released in the U.S. FFVI is the one with the Espers.

Melon

Siren said:

Which FF games have you played?
Who is you're favorite villan?
Which one did you think was lame?
Fave characters or aeons?

I've played 5 (partial), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and Crystal Chronicles (for Gamecube).
Favourite villain: Kuja. I was probably the only person who wasn't freaked out by him :lol:
I thought 5 and CC were complete wastes of money. CC had wonderful graphics, but absolutely no story and the battle system was awful. Not to mention the utterly retarded gameboy-for-controller thing that you had to do if you wanted to play with someone else. I like having other characters besides myself. I got lonely with my moogle. :|
Favourite characters are Quina, Mog, Edgar, Lulu, Beatrix, Steiner, and Zidane. (Can you tell 9 is my absolute favourite? :heart: ) Favourite summon has always been Shiva.

I've played 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 (I'm not doing numerals today).

I've beaten 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10.
Faves- 4, 7, 10, and 9. 8 didn't do it for me that much.
Cecil, Mog, and Sephiroth are my favorite characters. Vincent, Edward, and Tara are close behind along with Cloud.

Edit: KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND.

My favorite game series ever!

I have played IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2, and Tactics. LOVE tthem all, but 7 is my fave and probably always will be.

Favorite villain has to be Sephiroth

I may sound like a fanboy here but I didn't think any of them were lame.

Hmm favorite characters would be Cloud, Cid (vii), Tifa, Zidane, Dagger, Irvine, Squall, Lulu, Auron...I have a lot.

I have played FFII, which I believe was actually FFIV in Japan and internatinally, and the main character was Cecil. That is probably my second favorite. My favorite is FFVII with Cloud. Perhaps the greatest game ever. The FF series hit a peak with VII, and has been going downhill ever since. The most recent one is crap compared to all that came before it.

Kefka from FFVI is pretty cool too. Now that I think about it, he was the first "modern" FF villain--someone actively involved in the storyline from the beginning to the end.

His "Renaissance look" at the end of the game was quite cool back in its day.

Melon

Final Fantasy II on the Super Nintendo blew my mind all those years ago. The scope and breadth of that game was miles ahead of anything I'd ever encountered before. Just the excitement of the airship! Then Final Fantasy VII was great too. Other than that I don't think I've ever played any others and I'm not really a video game player anymore but this thread reminded me of the joys of being in 6th grade and playing FFII.

Did anyone here play FFX-2? Was it any good? FFX-2 looks like crap. I think Square Enix was trying to target the teenage girl audience. I'm still curious to see what happened to Tidus but the pop music and changing clothes during battles is just too much.

Siren said:
Did anyone here play FFX-2? Was it any good? FFX-2 looks like crap. I think Square Enix was trying to target the teenage girl audience. I'm still curious to see what happened to Tidus but the pop music and changing clothes during battles is just too much.

Actually, it was seen as pandering to the teenage boy audience. Maybe American guys wouldn't want to play a game like that, but the Japanese probably ate it up.

I would honestly say it's worth a try. It's only $20 now. That's how I approached FFX; if it was crap, then, at least, I only spent $20 on it. Unfortunately, I haven't bought FFX-2 yet, so I can't give you an opinion beyond that.

Melon

Started thinking about this thread, as I've been playing FFX-2 for the past few weeks. I honestly don't know why people are so hard on this game. I quite enjoy it! But, of course, I also had realistic expectations for it (as in, I didn't expect it to be a monumental game like a normal FF game; and I figured that such a quickly made game would have the same game engine, so no real graphics improvement).

Looking forward to FFXII, as it should come out this year. It appears that it might share the same fate as FFIX did by coming out after the new console. But it's no matter to me. I'll be buying it for sure.

Melon

melon said:
Kefka from FFVI is pretty cool too. Now that I think about it, he was the first "modern" FF villain--someone actively involved in the storyline from the beginning to the end.

His "Renaissance look" at the end of the game was quite cool back in its day.

Melon

FFVI for SNES is the best FF ever. And Kefka is the best villain.

I have played VII, VIII and X, and I loved them all. I played X first and it blew my mind, it made me start playin' RPG's

Have played Final Fantasy I, II (NES one), III (again, the NES one), IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X (before the absolutely terrible FFX on the PS2, I was big fan of Final Fantasy, despite not being a big RPG fan).
Have beaten IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X (I and II are too frustrating to even attempt to beat).

Sephiroth is my favourite FF villian, Id say he is my favourite villian in any video game.
Favourite characters are Cecil, Cloud, Cid (VII), Squall and Zidane.

Final Fantasy VII is still my favourite video game today.
Besides VII, my favourites are IV, VIII and IX.

Such a shame Final Fantasy X was so incredibly bad - poor characters, uninteresting world, boring and lacked everything the previous 6 Final Fantasy games had that made FF such a great series.
Nowhere near as good as the Super Nintendo and Playstation 1 FF games that went before it.:(

Last edited:
Final Fantasy! :drool:

Played and finished:

VII
X
X-2

And some of the older NES ones that I can't remember.

Love, love FF X.. can't wait for XII :hyper: It looks amazing!

I borrowed FFVII from my cousins, played it and after something like 31+ hours gameplay I got the message about how the save file was corrupted so I had to start all over again! :angry: So I played it again (again getting more corrupted save file messages) and again and again until I eventually reached the crater thing at the end and, like a fool, I jumped straight in. Now you know what it's like when you first play through a final fantasy, you rush through and reach the end stages at less than level 20! So I ended up on a very low level with hardly any summons or materia and basically I was screwed as no matter how hard I tried to leave the crater, it wouldn't let me but if I stayed in there I wasn't strong enough to get very far. :angry: So I never finished it as I had to give it back to my cousins :|

7 and 8 are the only two that hooked me, but they are by far the best two games i've ever played. Ahh. the memories of breeding a golden chocobo come rushing back................

still never beaten that damned underwater weapon. an't for the life of me find the "last action" materia, never did.

I like Final Fantasy but I haven't played them myself... it sucks to be the only one on your block to not even have a playstation/playstation 2 until the later 2000s lol. But I have seen my friend play and my favorite characters are Cloud and Squall as heroes and Sephiroth as a villain (who doesn't love this guy?!)

The only FF game that I've actually played is the FFTactics Advance for the Gameboy Advance. It's actually really good even though there's not much action. Very time consuming might I add!

Last edited:
I just watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children a couple weeks ago in Japanese with English subtitles, and it was PHENOMINAL!

If you even like Fanal Fantasy just a little, especially FFVII, do yourself a huge favor and buy these movie when they release the English version! I sure am. ;)

Lancemc said:
I just watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children a couple weeks ago in Japanese with English subtitles, and it was PHENOMINAL!

If you even like Fanal Fantasy just a little, especially FFVII, do yourself a huge favor and buy these movie when they release the English version! I sure am. ;)

^I saw that as well! I love the graphics, just like the movie made back in the 90s, the graphics looked so real... makes you wonder is that the next generation in films... that's be so cool, but at the same time, celebrities would be somewhat out of a job. :wink:

Sevikins said:
I saw that as well! I love the graphics, just like the movie made back in the 90s, the graphics looked so real... makes you wonder is that the next generation in films... that's be so cool, but at the same time, celebrities would be somewhat out of a job. :wink:

I have my doubts that that would ever happen. American audiences, in particular, seem to really hate the idea.

However, none of these skills go to waste, because they are increasingly useful with newer and more powerful game consoles. PS3 and XBox 360, in particular, should be interesting.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom