Final Fantasy - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2006, 01:35 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Kefka from FFVI is pretty cool too. Now that I think about it, he was the first "modern" FF villain--someone actively involved in the storyline from the beginning to the end.

His "Renaissance look" at the end of the game was quite cool back in its day.

Melon
FFVI for SNES is the best FF ever. And Kefka is the best villain.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:29 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 PM
I have played VII, VIII and X, and I loved them all. I played X first and it blew my mind, it made me start playin' RPG's

Old 01-21-2006, 07:13 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Re: Final Fantasy

Have played Final Fantasy I, II (NES one), III (again, the NES one), IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X (before the absolutely terrible FFX on the PS2, I was big fan of Final Fantasy, despite not being a big RPG fan).
Have beaten IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X (I and II are too frustrating to even attempt to beat).

Sephiroth is my favourite FF villian, Id say he is my favourite villian in any video game.
Favourite characters are Cecil, Cloud, Cid (VII), Squall and Zidane.

Final Fantasy VII is still my favourite video game today.
Besides VII, my favourites are IV, VIII and IX.

Such a shame Final Fantasy X was so incredibly bad - poor characters, uninteresting world, boring and lacked everything the previous 6 Final Fantasy games had that made FF such a great series.
Nowhere near as good as the Super Nintendo and Playstation 1 FF games that went before it.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

FFVIII was my fav. FFVII was my Wow! moment but it was FFVIII that became my firm favourite.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

no comment, not right now...
Old 01-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #21
musicidalist

Local Time: 07:03 AM
Final Fantasy!

Played and finished:

VII
X
X-2

And some of the older NES ones that I can't remember.

Love, love FF X.. can't wait for XII It looks amazing!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I borrowed FFVII from my cousins, played it and after something like 31+ hours gameplay I got the message about how the save file was corrupted so I had to start all over again! So I played it again (again getting more corrupted save file messages) and again and again until I eventually reached the crater thing at the end and, like a fool, I jumped straight in. Now you know what it's like when you first play through a final fantasy, you rush through and reach the end stages at less than level 20! So I ended up on a very low level with hardly any summons or materia and basically I was screwed as no matter how hard I tried to leave the crater, it wouldn't let me but if I stayed in there I wasn't strong enough to get very far. So I never finished it as I had to give it back to my cousins
Old 01-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #23
Refugee

Final Fantasy =
Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #24
War Child

7 and 8 are the only two that hooked me, but they are by far the best two games i've ever played. Ahh. the memories of breeding a golden chocobo come rushing back................

still never beaten that damned underwater weapon. an't for the life of me find the "last action" materia, never did.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #25
Refugee

I like Final Fantasy but I haven't played them myself... it sucks to be the only one on your block to not even have a playstation/playstation 2 until the later 2000s lol. But I have seen my friend play and my favorite characters are Cloud and Squall as heroes and Sephiroth as a villain (who doesn't love this guy?!)

The only FF game that I've actually played is the FFTactics Advance for the Gameboy Advance. It's actually really good even though there's not much action. Very time consuming might I add!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

I just watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children a couple weeks ago in Japanese with English subtitles, and it was PHENOMINAL!

If you even like Fanal Fantasy just a little, especially FFVII, do yourself a huge favor and buy these movie when they release the English version! I sure am.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
I just watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children a couple weeks ago in Japanese with English subtitles, and it was PHENOMINAL!

If you even like Fanal Fantasy just a little, especially FFVII, do yourself a huge favor and buy these movie when they release the English version! I sure am.
^I saw that as well! I love the graphics, just like the movie made back in the 90s, the graphics looked so real... makes you wonder is that the next generation in films... that's be so cool, but at the same time, celebrities would be somewhat out of a job.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #28
War Child

Old 01-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Sevikins
I saw that as well! I love the graphics, just like the movie made back in the 90s, the graphics looked so real... makes you wonder is that the next generation in films... that's be so cool, but at the same time, celebrities would be somewhat out of a job.
I have my doubts that that would ever happen. American audiences, in particular, seem to really hate the idea.

However, none of these skills go to waste, because they are increasingly useful with newer and more powerful game consoles. PS3 and XBox 360, in particular, should be interesting.

Melon
Old 01-22-2006, 06:08 PM   #30
Refugee

^True, I noticed that not a lot of people saw Final Fantasy the movie when it came out in the states and it seemed to be a good box office smasher over on the other side of the world.