File sharing services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentorange

Refugee
Since winmx shut down some weeks ago, I lost my downloading capabilities. Are there any decent file-sharing software services still out there? If so, are they gonna devour my hard drive with spyware? I'm honestly pretty clueless as to what's out there, since I had been using winmx for a while.

I'm not out to rip any artists off, I just have gotten into the habit of using those programs in the past to hear new music, find rare/live stuff, and occasionally get a copy of a song that I'm trying to figure out on guitar.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, as would any warnings about particular software to avoid. Thanks!

I use Limewire and Soulseek.

Nowadays though I'm too lazy to even run the programmes; I just go to google and hope that someone's got some mp3s on his/her webspace. Mp3 blogs are my friends.

IWasBored said:

:up:

although mine has taken a liking to randomly disconnecting itself and not reconnecting now.

Youre sure you have the newest version? when slsk starts to act like that on my PC its usually because I need to update.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Youre sure you have the newest version? when slsk starts to act like that on my PC its usually because I need to update.

i'm sure i don't. they come out with a new version way too frequently for me to be bothered updating. much easier to complain than to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom