file conversion question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I know this is a strange thing to post here but i can't figure out a way to do it and maybe someone out there might know..

I have a Biology lab due tonight and the professor saved the lab questions and diagrams as .jpg files and i need it to open as an ms word document or text file so i can add my answers, labels and so on to it. I don't think you can copy and paste things off a jpg file. And i tried inserting the files into ms word but it still leaves it as an image document and i can't add text to it. It wouldn't let me just save it as a text file either. Maybe if i print out the documents and scan them myself and try to save them? But even then I don't know if it will allow me to insert my answers and text on it. Any ideas you guys :nerd:

EH???

This is odd, why would he save them as jpg's??? I'm not an expert but try using a photo program to add text to the pictures or just insert them into a Word doc and use a "textbox" to add text to them. I think they come up with the "Draw" toolbar.

MS Paint will be the easiest. Open the jpgs in Paint, then use the "A" button to add text where you need to label things. Then save the jpg. If you also need to type out longer answers that don't need to be on the image, you could insert the saved images into a Word doc (Insert > Picture > From File...) and then type the additional next below it.

Or, you can insert the images into a Word doc and change the properties of the image to "behind text" so that you can add text over the image (use the text box tool from the Drawing toolbar) and have the ability to drag it into position.

Back
Top Bottom