Fight over this Americans!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
U.S. City With the Smartest People Is...

...Minneapolis, Minnesota. That's the word from researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater who studied statistics from five categories and 13 different measures of literacy to provide a ranking for all cities with a population of 250,000 or more. The literacy profile for each city included citizens' educational level, newspaper circulation rates, library resources, number of periodicals published, and the number of booksellers.

The 10 most literate U.S. cities are:
1. Minneapolis, Minnesota
2. Seattle, Washington
3. Denver, Colorado
4. Atlanta, Georgia
5. San Francisco, California
6. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7. Washington, D.C.
8. Louisville, Kentucky
9. Portland, Oregon
10. Cincinnati, Ohio

that might explain the large number of interferencers located in that approximate region of the world...

maybe a record number of people cut their mullets this year

when you get a haircut (read haircut to mean mullet-ectomy) and you want to prevent the hair from making a mess all over the floor, if you put a sheet or perhaps newspaper down, it makes for easier cleaning

just in case someone without a sense of humour wanders into this thread: i'm joking.

i'm not surprised we aren't on the list.
mind numbing heat, free flowing liquor, no clocks.
no one even takes our university seriously.

oh well.

*sips drink*

I would just like to say, nice sidetrack to mullet talks. :up:

I think that whole Sausage Swinging incident took old Steeltown down a notch or two.

:down:

Is it just me, or is New York not even on that list? What about all the doctors,lawyers and people like that who live in NY? OH yeah, did they count people who go to and/or teach at colleges like, oh, i don't know,Columbia,NYU and Fordham?

New York should be on that list instead of us.

I think we paid someone off. :angry:

Many wonderful things come out of NY--name one intelligent thing to come out of Denver.

See?

st. paul public schools

U2girl91289 said:
Is it just me, or is New York not even on that list? What about all the doctors,lawyers and people like that who live in NY? OH yeah, did they count people who go to and/or teach at colleges like, oh, i don't know,Columbia,NYU and Fordham?

how about macalaster which is in st. paul, or the university of minnesota medical school, the mayo clinic, or william mitchell college of law?

our schools are just as good as new york's, they just may not be as generally known.

and if that seems like a wrong way of putting it, then statistically new york city loses out because for every prominant doctor there is another person who doesn't speak english.

unless the researchers did it per capita, in which case the aforementioned contingency is moot.

Last edited:
boston univeristy
boston college
brandeis
umass boston

:|

oh wait, i live on the other side of the state :tongue: carry on

Basstrap said:
newspaper circulation rates, library resources, number of periodicals published, and the number of booksellers.
this just tells me that those people are too dumb to use the internet

Back
Top Bottom