Field Day Festival.......un-freakin-believable lineup!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Field Day Festival is in Calverton, NY, this June 7th and 8th. But don't be scared off by the fact that this music, arts and camping festival is taking place out on Lawn Guyland, because some top-notch acts are scheduled to perform.

We would just hate for your fear of Lizzie Grubman and her ilk keep you from seeing the likes of Radiohead-- in their first (and, as of this moment, only) 2003 U.S. appearance-- Beck, Spiritualized, Interpol, Tortoise, The Beastie Boys, N.E.R.D., Blur, Elliott Smith, and Polyphonic Spree, among others. Nobody asked me, but in my boner-roo opinion, the chance to see Orton, Phair and Sharon Foo of The Raveonettes all in one night is worth the price of admission alone (provided Kleenex are included). Full lineup with the usual "And More" teaser omitted:

June 7th:
Radiohead
Beck
Thievery Corporation
Spiritualized
Beth Orton
Interpol
R?yksopp
Liz Phair
Tortoise
The Raveonettes
Ben Lee
My Morning Jacket
Gemma Hayes
22-20s
Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players

June 8:
The Beastie Boys
Sigur R?s
The Roots
Blur
Elliott Smith
N.E.R.D.
Blackalicious
Peanut Butter Wolf
The Music
Polyphonic Spree
Le Tigre

Speaking of which, tickets go on sale Good Friday, April 18th, via the regular Ticketmaster channels-- phone, webpage, CD stores (what? People still buy CDs?!). As befitting a great democracy like ours, the event organizers are offering three ticket packages for your indie-lovin' ass: the single-day ticket, the two-day pass, and the two-day pass with camping. It would behoove those interested in attending to buy tickets early because prices will increase as the concert date nears. Prices start at $65, $120 and $150, respectively, though it must be noted that none of those prices reflect the untold hundreds of dollars needed to buy medicine to counteract the VD you'll get hooking up with that dreadlocked drunk chick from Montauk. Hope you like syphillis!

This is an unbelievable lineup.......if anyone is anywhere near this area you better freakin go!

:angry:

:drool:

I?d love to, but I can?t. Give hugs and kisses to Beth Orton when you meet her.

I am going! Got my ticket tonight through Radiohead's site. I'm so excited to see Radiohead again! And some of the other acts should be very cool too. Just going on Saturday though, will need Sunday to recover. :drunk: Not sure how I'm going to get out there, they promise there'll be public transport but no details and I don't drive, but I'll get there and home somehow. :hmm:

holy lord. That is amazing. *wishes she could go. Damn the being so far away. Damn not having anyone to go with*

AggH! Unfairity sucks.

Meg..what fesitval is that?

I would make the trip (45 min I think) to see Radiohead and the BBoys, but the rest of the lineup I could do without.

That is only because I am closed-minded though...

Sounds Huge

and there was me getting excited about Coldplay and The Music...
Your line-up is better.
New York or Byron Bay?
I'll just check my money-box.

Have fun music lover

PS:what are the Kleennex for...do they play a lot of sad songs?

PSS:I like the festival name
we're gonna have a field day...( all those drunk chicks?)
I think ours has a more romantic name

Splendour On The Grass :)

fuck you for posting this again!

I saw this at the elliott smith board and almost cried

radiohead, elliott, sigur ros, beck etc etc

Shoot me now please

MOFO! :angry:

the radiohead, the sigur ros, the beck ALL at one place at the same time.

musical bliss, an orgasmic experience if there ever was one.

meeganie, are you going to glastonbury? where are you going again? whos all gonna be there?

Basstrap said:
fuck you for posting this again!

I saw this at the elliott smith board and almost cried

radiohead, elliott, sigur ros, beck etc etc

Shoot me now please

MOFO! :angry:

Yes, after this and other responses I have decided to begin a collection for myself to go to this show.....

So, all of you send me an email and I will give you my address for the donations to begin piling up...:up:

For each 50 dollar donation I promise one chunk of the grass at the festival, one bootlegged copy from my sweet tape recorder that I promise to have my freind Wally hold up the entire time(he's unfadeable).......and also, pictures of my with the sigur ros, thom of yorke and beck.

Wow, you will all be so glad I went, let the donations begin!

yes of course jimmy will be in tow, i cant seem to shake him when radiohead is mentioned,

plus he loves oatmeal cream pies, and I have lots of those.......

how much can I put you down for donation wise my arab strap friend???

:wink:

Elvis Presley said:
indeed melon my freind, the new moniker suits you.....:sexywink:

melon needs more time to craft an absofuckingbrilliant 3000th post, but, alas, both inspiration and time elude him.

Ormus

Back
Top Bottom