Field day fest cancelled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
see, what i heard...the problem was not exactly permits but that Suffolk County didn't want to provide the necessary police.

Regardless...I attended the show (only showed up for Beasties and Radiohead) and loved it!!! By the time I got there the rain stopped and it was a beautiful night!!!

I loved seeing Thom and the guys, and though the BBoys had trouble they were entertaining and inspiring as usual. Anyone else go to field day???

337894%3A323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D67%3A%3D%3B%3B9%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A773%3B496ot1lsi

they planned on holding field day on the grounds of the old grumman plant in calverton, long island... home of the f-14 tomcat of top gun fame...

the towns on the east of long island, calverton, riverhead, the hamptons, etc. have their own police forces, and are not under the jurisdiction of the suffolk county police department, who's jurisdiction ends in wadding river, which is a town over from calverton. the riverhead police department was too small to handle the expected crowds, and SCPD and the new york state troopers all said that they were notified too late to provide proper police coverage. the troopers are especially antsy about events like this after the woodstock 99 fiasco upstate in rome, ny. so at the last second they moved the concert 90 miles west to giants stadium in east rutheford, nj.

the one good thing to come out of this was the beer... a local brewery on the east end of long island had produced tons of beer for the 2 day field day festival. when it was moved to giants stadium, who have their own beer contracts, the guy had all this beer and nothing to do with it. so last wednesday, it was first come first serve, 10 gallon juggs of beer, free of charge

a friend of mine told me about that beer thing....as someone's t-shirt read "fuck suffolk!"

so was NO ONE from interference at this show??

Back
Top Bottom