FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
A thread for the discussion of the pinnacle of world motorsport.

The 2006 Formula 1 Schedule

Mar 12 Bahrain
Mar 19 Malaysia
Apr 02 Australia
Apr 23 San Marino
May 07 Europe
May 14 Spain
May 28 Monaco
June 11 Great Britain
June 25 Canada
July 02 United States
July 16 France
July 30 Germany
Aug 06 Hungary
Aug 27 Turkey
Sep 10 Italy
Sep 17 Belgium
Oct 01 China
Oct 08 Japan
Oct 22 Brazil*

*Still to be confirmed pending contract negotiations

Here's a first look at Ferrari's 2006 car -- quite nice if they keep the wings black :drool:

z001.jpg

z002.jpg

z003.jpg

z004.jpg

z005.jpg

I skipped last year's USGP, but I think I'm in the mood to go this year.

Interesting tire choice on the Ferrari. I heard the conditions described as "light snow".

The modern designs are cool, but they'll never touch the 1992 Williams, my favourite car ever :drool: :drool: :drool:

img_1069.jpg

I'm very interested in how the US GP looks like this year. After the debacle last year I would think the demand for tickets will be much less.
I hope they all do a bit more research this year before they go anywhere with just one set of tires.

Nice that all teams go back using a new car from the first race on instead of using the old one for the first five races.

I was so surprised when I read there's gonna be a GP in the US this year after what happened last year!!!

Where are the new McClaren pix???

Couldn't dig up any McLaren pics yet, but here is the new BMW Sauber.....wow. Sex on wheels, baby. Love the livery and the colour scheme :D

I guess BMW took their paint scheme with them when they left Williams. Frank Williams' cars are a navy blue this year I believe.

BMW-04.jpg

Vincent Vega said:
I'm very interested in how the US GP looks like this year. After the debacle last year I would think the demand for tickets will be much less.
Ticket sales are slow so far, as would be expected.

Anyone else thinking of going?

TEAM McLAREN MERCEDES IN INTERIM ORANGE LIVERY is
:sick:

Wonder why McLaren is always one of the last team to show the new car :shrug:

Mercedes has always used that orange colour in test and concept cars - it goes back to the seventies. So they kind of keep it with tradition....

i remeber that sportscar with the wing doors when I was little - it was never really build, but I have an orange picture of it in my mind.

cleazer said:
Yeah, I don't think the new Mclaren has been seen yet.
All they've shown us is this orange thing.

here's an article mentioning that the new car won't be seen for a few weeks yet:
http://www.automobilsport.com/formula1-team-mclaren-mercedes-mp4-20-interim-orange-pedro-de-la-rosa-gary-paffett-can-am-racers-jerez-circuito-spain-automobilsport---7563.html

orangemclaren.jpg
Ahh at least we can get a look at the bodywork, nice :D

I'm not sure if I'll be making it down to the USGP this year, but I am considering getting a $90 Sunday ticket for the Canadian Grand Prix, considering the track is about half a mile from me across the water :D

nothing will ever top this for me...

1senna-l.jpg

I mean... maybe it was a little squared, but it was the best damn car I've ever seen run... anywhere

0,1020,358095,00.jpg

what a FINE era for Formula 1... the best era EVER... no one can deny that... Prost, Senna, Mansell, Berger, Alesi, Piquet, Larini, Salo... I mean.... the best were in that time... 87-94... amazing.. and McLaren was THE BEST... especially...

bb_2583.jpeg

Senna IS THE MAN... :bow:

Agreed. That Marlboro Mclaren was the greatest car of all time, and Senna was the greatest driver.

two shots said:
Mercedes has always used that orange colour in test and concept cars - it goes back to the seventies. So they kind of keep it with tradition....

i remeber that sportscar with the wing doors when I was little - it was never really build, but I have an orange picture of it in my mind.
check out all these great pictures of "orange mclaren" I just found on google:
http://images.google.com/images?q=mclaren+orange&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

There's hundreds of 'em!

cleazer said:
Agreed. That Marlboro Mclaren was the greatest car of all time, and Senna was the greatest driver.
Quite true, such grit, talent and spirit.
Was just rewatching the 1994 San Marino GP for the first time since I saw it as a child. Even at 7 I knew the gravity of what happened :(

pepokiss said:
nothing will ever top this for me...

I mean... maybe it was a little squared, but it was the best damn car I've ever seen run... anywhere

what a FINE era for Formula 1... the best era EVER... no one can deny that... Prost, Senna, Mansell, Berger, Alesi, Piquet, Larini, Salo... I mean.... the best were in that time... 87-94... amazing.. and McLaren was THE BEST... especially...

Senna IS THE MAN... :bow:

I agree totally. :yes:

^ :yes:

i am so sorry I was too young when he was racing.

I remember seeing a TV special about his life, career and of course the accident. It was so terrible...
I was in primary school when he died, and the boy that sitted next to me was a huge Senna fan. He cried for days...:sad:

F.ck!!!:mad:
Once again they've dropped the Belgium GP, the best track in the world to get out because of money...................:mad: :mad:
this is so shameful!!!.........................What other track has the beauty of the Eau Rouge :drool:

:( :( :(

Anyway, the new Ferrari looks pretty good, the V8 responded good, and everything looks to be on top again, the aerodynamics design is very interesting..................the red rocket is back again, we know, we know........................it's already known who wins........:wink:

Well, I hope Ferrari is right up there with Renault and Mclaren this year. A three-way title chase would be fantastic.

I also hope to see Sauber and Jacques Villeneuve do a bit better this year considering they're under BMW power now.

babyman said:

Anyway, the new Ferrari looks pretty good, the V8 responded good, and everything looks to be on top again, the aerodynamics design is very interesting..................the red rocket is back again, we know, we know........................it's already known who wins........:wink:

is it??

Can't stand the fact MY number is used for that car..

It is certainly a beautiful combination of ugly design features :drool:

Ant-eater nose AND devil horns :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom