Fez, Morocco Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, let's hope Bono didn't lie on that account. I could definitely deal with that.

The Crazy Tonight > Boots transition still bugs me. However, I haven't messed about with the tracklist yet - you got any recommendations there, Ax?

Bono's so prone to hyperbole that I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm sure the record company is telling them the time between albums is ridiculous, and if they're going to blather about having 50+ songs to the media, they damn well better come good on it for once.

Breathe sounds good between Crazy Tonight and Boots, and Fez --> WAS --> Cedars is all kinds of atmospheric haunting goodness. I do like Breathe giving the end of the album a kick though (after initially being frustrated by it, just because I'm so much more into WAS and Cedars than Breathe), so I don't know if I'd want to make that a permanent move in my personal tracklisting.

But the return of Bongolese is a good thing.

I'm still favouring NLOTH II, partly for that utterly indistinct verse of syllables. It's been too long since we've had a good dose of Bongolese.

Well guys, I need to do some reading before going to bed. I have to say this has been a most amazing day at the superthread.

See you all tomorrow.

Bono's so prone to hyperbole that I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm sure the record company is telling them the time between albums is ridiculous, and if they're going to blather about having 50+ songs to the media, they damn well better come good on it for once.

Breathe sounds good between Crazy Tonight and Boots, and Fez --> WAS --> Cedars is all kinds of atmospheric haunting goodness. I do like Breathe giving the end of the album a kick though (after initially being frustrated by it, just because I'm so much more into WAS and Cedars than Breathe), so I don't know if I'd want to make that a permanent move in my personal tracklisting.

I would think that Fez > WAS > Cedars would stand alone really well, and I initially wondered why they didn't put Breathe in the middle of the album, but I agree that that might have 'unbalanced' the album in a way. Listening to it from start to finish for the 5th or 6th time, the tracklist is actually starting to make sense to me, and even the middle doesn't sound as harsh to me anymore. In a weird way, it works :shrug:

Right. I have an issue with the NLOTH2 lyrics. The first, oh, half or so is fine, as you can see.

----

As you can see, fairly easy to hear and understand. Then, we have the next travesty of a verse. Now I tried VERY hard to understand what he was saying, but this was the best I could come up with.

They let me soap in dough
Hey case soda lover
I wanna penis sing
Doh say oh no

WTF Bono. WTF. :tsk:
it is scat singing on an earlier take than what ended up in nloth i

I think that was a vast improvement on the Grammys, actually. The "let me in the sound" bit sounded more polished (I didn't realise Larry joined in on it, either), and Bono's vocals were better too. It's not perfect yet by a long stretch, but I think it actually suits that roughness live. :up:

I really do wonder how its live career is going to go. If it weren't the lead single, I'd expect them to give up on it not far into the tour, let it go the way of DYFL and IGWSHA on Popmart. But since it's the lead single, I imagine they'll try to keep it going the length of the tour, then not bring it back for the subsequent one. Of course, it may become incredible on the tour yet! I'm not giving up on them nailing it, especially since "let me in the sound" should rule with a big stadium audience.

Incidentally, what are you thinking of doing for the tour?

I really do wonder how its live career is going to go. If it weren't the lead single, I'd expect them to give up on it not far into the tour, let it go the way of DYFL and IGWSHA on Popmart. But since it's the lead single, I imagine they'll try to keep it going the length of the tour, then not bring it back for the subsequent one. Of course, it may become incredible on the tour yet! I'm not giving up on them nailing it, especially since "let me in the sound" should rule with a big stadium audience.

i think it's pretty clear based on fan reaction that they picked the wrong song to be the lead single, or even a single at all.

Even if it's not their best live song, I think I'm going to enjoy it anyway - much as I still enjoyed Vertigo and Elevation live.

Well, where I go for tour all depends on how quickly I can get another job. If I can start back at my old work in the next two weeks, which is probable, I'd be set to head to somewhere in Europe - probably England - later this year. Fingers crossed! How about you?

Even if it's not their best live song, I think I'm going to enjoy it anyway - much as I still enjoyed Vertigo and Elevation live.

Well, where I go for tour all depends on how quickly I can get another job. If I can start back at my old work in the next two weeks, which is probable, I'd be set to head to somewhere in Europe - probably England - later this year. Fingers crossed! How about you?

Yeah, Vertigo and Elevation were fun in the moment live, even if I think they're totally disposable songs. And I damn well hope they dispose of Elevation this time around! Vertigo obviously isn't going anywhere in a hurry. I like, though, that we might finally have another lead single that isn't guaranteed to be a setlist fixture from here to eternity like Vertigo and Beautiful Day are.

I'm considering my options. I wasn't going to travel, then U2 dropped this quality album and suddenly that's all changed. Don't know if Europe or North America would work out better for me. Might depend on where other Aussies/Kiwis go and where my friends are, just to split costs and make travelling less tedious.

I didn't mean for that to link to a specific post, i was just referring to the poll :uhoh:

Oh, I didn't realise it was a specific link! I just saw the thread title and assumed you meant the poll and how GOYB is totally dominating.

(Plus since I view only 10 posts per page, I don't think that links to where it takes you anyway.)

Yeah, Vertigo and Elevation were fun in the moment live, even if I think they're totally disposable songs. And I damn well hope they dispose of Elevation this time around! Vertigo obviously isn't going anywhere in a hurry. I like, though, that we might finally have another lead single that isn't guaranteed to be a setlist fixture from here to eternity like Vertigo and Beautiful Day are.

I'm considering my options. I wasn't going to travel, then U2 dropped this quality album and suddenly that's all changed. Don't know if Europe or North America would work out better for me. Might depend on where other Aussies/Kiwis go and where my friends are, just to split costs and make travelling less tedious.

I can't see them dropping Elevation completely this tour; rather I think they'll just make it an occasional feature. That I could live with. And yeah, Vertigo will stay I'm sure.

I was really hoping not to have to travel :sigh: It's going to be a major struggle for me to afford it, but after hearing the album, there's no way I'm going to miss out on seeing them live. I think I'd prefer Europe to North America - at least I'm familiar with bits of it and I'd hopefully have people to stay with. However, I live in fear of spending all that money, traveling to Europe and then by some miracle having a Down Under tour announced! Not like that's gonna happen, though.

I'll give that due consideration, Ashley. :drool:

I can't see them dropping Elevation completely this tour; rather I think they'll just make it an occasional feature. That I could live with. And yeah, Vertigo will stay I'm sure.

I was really hoping not to have to travel :sigh: It's going to be a major struggle for me to afford it, but after hearing the album, there's no way I'm going to miss out on seeing them live. I think I'd prefer Europe to North America - at least I'm familiar with bits of it and I'd hopefully have people to stay with. However, I live in fear of spending all that money, traveling to Europe and then by some miracle having a Down Under tour announced! Not like that's gonna happen, though.

Yeah, I'd be cool with Elevation being a rotational thing. Put it in rotation with MW, EBTTRT, and Desire and do just one or two of them a night.

I could afford to travel, I think. I'd rather spend my travelling money on an epic trek around New Zealand, but ... I don't know. I've never been to Europe and I want to do something about that. Plus most Aussie/Kiwi fans seem to be considering Europe over the US this time around. I might wait and see if U2 and Porcupine Tree's tour dates match up well. And what university's dates are, of course.

I'll give that due consideration, Ashley. :drool:

Yeah, I'd be cool with Elevation being a rotational thing. Put it in rotation with MW, EBTTRT, and Desire and do just one or two of them a night.

I could afford to travel, I think. I'd rather spend my travelling money on an epic trek around New Zealand, but ... I don't know. I've never been to Europe and I want to do something about that. Plus most Aussie/Kiwi fans seem to be considering Europe over the US this time around. I might wait and see if U2 and Porcupine Tree's tour dates match up well. And what university's dates are, of course.

Yes, come to Europe! You know you want to.
Oh yeah, Uni dates. :uhoh: I didn't really give that much thought. Hopefully it won't clash with exams.

Oh good lord, I would love to see Porcupine Tree so much. Did you see them when they went to Australia? (That's probably a stupid question.)

I can already say with certain authority that I won't be seeing U2 on this tour unless they play stadium gigs that don't sell out in three minutes.

Yes, come to Europe! You know you want to.
Oh yeah, Uni dates. :uhoh: I didn't really give that much thought. Hopefully it won't clash with exams.

Oh good lord, I would love to see Porcupine Tree so much. Did you see them when they went to Australia? (That's probably a stupid question.)

The European leg will probably fall in winter holidays for us, so that might be a point in its favour ... god, why does travel have to cost so fucking much.

Did I see Porcupine Tree? Oh, yeah ... a few times ... front row all three gigs. 27 April 2008, Brisbane is the best concert I've ever seen. The middle section of Anesthetize fucking melted my face, and the trip to Brisbane was worth it just to hear the only Australian performance of Even Less.

the tour, after much, much much fretting about when i'm going to africa and scheduling and such, has worked out such that i should be able to catch some of it in europe this summer and some in the states in the fall, $$ pending

so in MOS does it say

a vision of invisibility (i think so)

or

of vision over visibility (someone who transcribed the lyrics thinks so)

The European leg will probably fall in winter holidays for us, so that might be a point in its favour ... god, why does travel have to cost so fucking much.

Did I see Porcupine Tree? Oh, yeah ... a few times ... front row all three gigs. 27 April 2008, Brisbane is the best concert I've ever seen. The middle section of Anesthetize fucking melted my face, and the trip to Brisbane was worth it just to hear the only Australian performance of Even Less.

Ooh, that would be good. And HELLZ YEAH, I just got a call and I've got my old job back! :hyper: I just have to be really disciplined with my saving, and I should be able to make it no problems. As long as the airfares don't increase heaps as soon as the dates are announced.

Oh my god, :jealous:. Anesthetize album version melts my face, to see it live would be just...mind blowing. And Even Less too?! Jesus Christ, you lucky bitch! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom