Fez, Morocco Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, Bono appeared with Coldplay and The Killers at a charity gig after the Brits.

Guess what they played? My favourite song. All These Things That I've Done. I won't be checking out a bootleg of that!

I thought you preferred Zooropa to Pop? And I'm surprised War is so low.

I'm going to go ahead and make that custom setlist thread. I don't care if there are two others. I don't want interesting ideas getting buried under page after page of speculation.

I've moved Pop ahead over the last few months. Zooropa has a couple of songs I worship, the title track especially, but ... well, I think both albums are patchy, but that Pop has more great moments and its weaker moments aren't as bad as Zooropa's. At any rate, I wouldn't consider anything within the category of Fine U2 Listening to have done badly; they're all albums whose mastertapes I'd save from a fire.

And cool, I'll join in on that thread.

I was used to not being able to have a pic, so I never really saw much point.

It definitely is better than I expected. I was a little bit worried that I wouldn't like it, especially after having such a negative reaction to Get On Your Boots.

Yeah, might be a nice change for me to not have a picture. I mean, what am I going to use, another train picture? Though if there's something sufficiently respectful of tuf bono to use, I might consider that.

Boots is clearly the weakest track there, which just cracks me up.

I've moved Pop ahead over the last few months. Zooropa has a couple of songs I worship, the title track especially, but ... well, I think both albums are patchy, but that Pop has more great moments and its weaker moments aren't as bad as Zooropa's. At any rate, I wouldn't consider anything within the category of Fine U2 Listening to have done badly; they're all albums whose mastertapes I'd save from a fire.

And cool, I'll join in on that thread.

Fair enough. I adore them both, as you know. Pop has greater emotional weight, but Zooropa is far more playful and fun.

You're going to like my setlist, Ax. No joke. And it's going to make for a kickass playlist too.

Yeah, might be a nice change for me to not have a picture. I mean, what am I going to use, another train picture? Though if there's something sufficiently respectful of tuf bono to use, I might consider that.

Boots is clearly the weakest track there, which just cracks me up.
Bonnie should totally draw tuf bono on a banner of a train or something like in your avatar.

It is. Stand Up Comedy, in my opinion, isn't much better.

Traviud, your avatar is WAR BONO UNGH era, rather than tuf bono era. But I am okay with this.

I could tell by the giant "1983" in the corner of the original pic, but I think it's amusing just the same.

And Bono looks like a fucking cockatoo there, so it works great with the user title.

Bonnie should totally draw tuf bono on a banner of a train or something like in your avatar.

It is. Stand Up Comedy, in my opinion, isn't much better.

Hey :wave: How often do you change your avatar? :lol:

I actually like Crazy Tonight less than Stand Up Comedy at the moment. It's the only song on the album to which I can't immediately put music to the name.

Hey :wave: How often do you change your avatar? :lol:

I actually like Crazy Tonight less than Stand Up Comedy at the moment. It's the only song on the album to which I can't immediately put music to the name.
Shit, I'm lucky to have a single avatar for longer than a day. :wink:

I like Crazy Tonight a good bit. Well, more than Stand Up Comedy. I think Boots and Stand Up Comedy are my least favourites, really.

Shit, I'm lucky to have a single avatar for longer than a day. :wink:

I like Crazy Tonight a good bit. Well, more than Stand Up Comedy. I think Boots and Stand Up Comedy are my least favourites, really.

Ah well, a new pic of SW every day isn't a bad thing :drool:

Stand Up gets better as it goes along for me - there's some nice guitar. However, it still pales in comparison to FEZ and MOS!

Liam. How goes it?

Ah well, a new pic of SW every day isn't a bad thing :drool:

Stand Up gets better as it goes along for me - there's some nice guitar. However, it still pales in comparison to FEZ and MOS!

I tend to think not! :drool:
In fact, I am about to change it again.

Fez and Magnificent for me! Fez is just ... wow. I ripped on the title when I first read about it but hearing the song just ... :ohmy:

There we go, U2gigs updated to reflect Bono taking pity on Chris Martin and playing with Coldplay and The Killers.

Crazy Tonight was ... inoffensive on the first couple of listens, but it has grown on me. I think it's actually pretty close to nailing pop-rock, much closer than WITS, though not quite on the level of perfection Crowded House achieved at their peak.

And Comedy's growing on me just because I really like its final third; the somewhat nonsensical "soul rockin' people" bit sounds fucking good, so I think I'm getting used to the first two thirds for the sake of that bit.

Fez is just ... wow. I ripped on the title when I first read about it but hearing the song just ... :ohmy:

I wish they'd kept the title as Chromium Chords, but whatever it's called, it fucking slays. It could be called Porcupine Tree Blows for all I care. I didn't think U2 had creativity like that left in them!

I wish they'd kept the title as Chromium Chords, but whatever it's called, it fucking slays. It could be called Porcupine Tree Blows for all I care. I didn't think U2 had creativity like that left in them!

I never heard of any other title for it. Didn't read too closely in.
It's a crap title but the song ... I think it's definitely my favourite. It really surprised me in such a fantastic way.

Fair enough. I adore them both, as you know. Pop has greater emotional weight, but Zooropa is far more playful and fun.

You're going to like my setlist, Ax. No joke. And it's going to make for a kickass playlist too.

Yeah, the depth of Pop is what pushes it ahead for me. Zooropa has a few very deep songs too, but Pop maintains it more consistently, I think. And it doesn't spring a Babyface on us! OK, so there's Miami.

Now I'm just waiting for this thread to appear. :waiting:

Oh, I missed that it was originally called that! :ohmy: That would have been nice. But yeah, who cares what it's called! It blows me away every time I hear it. I can see it creeping into my top 10 U2 songs, possibly my top 5.

I never heard of any other title for it. Didn't read too closely in.
It's a crap title but the song ... I think it's definitely my favourite. It really surprised me in such a fantastic way.

Chromium Chords is mentioned as a provisional title in O'Hagan's lengthy piece in the Guardian. If you read just one NLOTH news article, that's the one to read. It's very interesting and informative. It's also the one that told us Stand Up Comedy used to be For Your Love. Good title change there.

I love the imagery in the brief Fez lyrics, and the music! The music! Holy shit. Speaking of the music ... I am totally in love with the beautiful, sparse, atmospheric guitar in White As Snow. And Bono's back in poetic storyteller mode! It's a dream come true. That song is like a sombre 2000s Heartland to me. And we all know how much I love Heartland. "The road refuses strangers" is one of my favourite lyrics from the album; it totally leapt out at me as a great piece of imagery on my first listen and it's stuck with me.

Chromium Chords is mentioned as a provisional title in O'Hagan's lengthy piece in the Guardian. If you read just one NLOTH news article, that's the one to read. It's very interesting and informative. It's also the one that told us Stand Up Comedy used to be For Your Love. Good title change there.

I love the imagery in the brief Fez lyrics, and the music! The music! Holy shit. Speaking of the music ... I am totally in love with the beautiful, sparse, atmospheric guitar in White As Snow. And Bono's back in poetic storyteller mode! It's a dream come true. That song is like a sombre 2000s Heartland to me. And we all know how much I love Heartland. "The road refuses strangers" is one of my favourite lyrics from the album; it totally leapt out at me as a great piece of imagery on my first listen and it's stuck with me.
Ahh, I don't think I read that. That's definitely a better name than what it has now!

The music in it just blows me away. From that part where it all kicks in is just, WOW. As for White As Snow, I actually don't care for it too much. It's not a bad song, I'll listen to it. It just doesn't leap out much at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom