Fez-Being Born and then, from a porch, rolling pins and The CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys am I the only one sick of seeing all this "they ruined the beach clip" talk? You couldn't hear anything in the beach clips, you just imagine what the song would sound like

Yeah, that's pretty pathetic. :lol:

I'm worried how I'm going to get to see U2 guys, apparently the GA prices are high and they're not playing THAT many venues....

The stadium aspect could make it near impossible for me on the first US leg...

Nope, because I almost never venture into the crazy parts of the forum. :wink:

I know...I've heard it's going to be stadium only, which, in the U.S., I think is a stupid move on their part. :down:

Stadium lets them play a shorter tour to more people. From what I've seen with u2 that's ideal for them. They seem to really want to get back to their families so they probably don't want a long tour

I know it makes sense for them, but I'm not sure how well stadiums are going to sell over here.

Then they probably won't be getting my money, unfortunately. I can't justify traveling all over the U.S. just to catch one stadium show...

I know it makes sense for them, but I'm not sure how well stadiums are going to sell over here.

Yeah they probably won't but maybe the band doesn't care that much, Live Nation have already given them the money so they might just want to play to as many people as quickly as possible

Zee where did you hear about high GA prices? Bono said they wanted to lower prices this tour

Where else would I hear it John? In the tour rumors thread somewhere...

And instead of playing 5 nights at the major venues I heard it's only 2 nights. Which makes it increasingly harder.... on what might be the last tour. :slant:

It sucks for certain areas of the country. You can't play in Salt Lake City or Denver late in the year. That takes out the mountain west and probably most of the upper plains. :down:

Exactly!

Honestly, stadiums never have been and probably never will be as big as they are in Europe, and I just don't think it's a good move to only play them. :shrug:

It sucks for certain areas of the country. You can't play in Salt Lake City or Denver late in the year. That takes out the mountain west and probably most of the upper plains. :down:

September/October wouldn't be too late in the year

It looks like they're doing 25 shows (Adding on more for demand?). That's only a two month tour

September/October wouldn't be too late in the year

It looks like they're doing 25 shows (Adding on more for demand?). That's only a two month tour

Uh, September and October can get pretty cold in the Midwest, especially, so it would be too late in the year for some areas.

I hope this doesn't mean only a few of us get to see them this time :(

Wayne on the other hand, was GLAD it's 2 legs in Europe and only one here :madwife::madwife:

:lol:

Uh, September and October can get pretty cold in the Midwest, especially, so it would be too late in the year for some areas.

Maybe they could play in roofed stadiums? I saw Arcade Fire in a tent in late October/November, freezing as hell but amazing concert

I hope this doesn't mean only a few of us get to see them this time :(

Wayne on the other hand, was GLAD it's 2 legs in Europe and only one here :madwife::madwife:

:lol:

They haven't announced two legs for Europe though...all that's been said is roughly 25 dates each. And according to Bono lower ticket prices. Everything else is just people guessing.

Seriously I can't imagine ticket prices being higher than on the last tour

Last year, my Hawaii GA came to $60, which wasn't all THAT bad. I got the ticket last minute too, I was looking for one and all of a sudden I had 4 offers :lol:

Maybe they could play in roofed stadiums? I saw Arcade Fire in a tent in late October/November, freezing as hell but amazing concert

Then you're cutting the potential number of stadiums down even more...I don't think there are that many roofed stadiums. :hmm: I could be wrong though.

Last year, my Hawaii GA came to $60, which wasn't all THAT bad. I got the ticket last minute too, I was looking for one and all of a sudden I had 4 offers :lol:

$60 tickets is dirt cheap. Seriously unless tickets are above $100, Americans will have them cheaper than Europe...but like gas you will all still say it's too expensive :wink:

You can schedule it that way but I'd go :crazy: if I had to. :lol:

Well I'm sure Live Nation have some master plan all worked out for this :wink:

Then you're cutting the potential number of stadiums down even more...I don't think there are that many roofed stadiums. :hmm: I could be wrong though.

There must be a decent number if they are planning stadiums for late this year, I mean Live Nation will be investing millions in this, they'll want a payoff and they're willing to say no to U2 unlike their label :wink:

Yeah, and it was totally worth it. I thought it would be much harder to get it, and then people started backing out when it was actually closer to concert time. So I consider myself lucky I got it. But then IF they do only one North American leg, then the prices will be higher, it's just the law of averages. So.... conclusion? Cheaper and more shows in Europe and more expensive, fewer shows here?

:no:

I can only think of a couple domes or similiar stadiums. There's the Metrodome, the Lions stadium, the Colts stadium, the Rams stadium, the Cardinals stadium and the Superdome. I doubt a show in Detroit or New Orleans will happen for economic reasons though. :hmm:

I can only think of a couple domes. There's the Metrodome, the Lions stadium, the Colts stadium, the Rams stadium, the Cardinals stadium and the Superdome. I doubt a show in Detroit or New Orleans will happen for economic reasons though. :hmm:

:up: That's what I thought. I knew about the Metrodome, obviously. :wink: Not that the Cardinals stadium would need the roof on, it should be pretty warm out there still. :lol:

Yeah, and it was totally worth it. I thought it would be much harder to get it, and then people started backing out when it was actually closer to concert time. So I consider myself lucky I got it. But then IF they do only one North American leg, then the prices will be higher, it's just the law of averages. So.... conclusion? Cheaper and more shows in Europe and more expensive, fewer shows here?

:no:

Stadiums hold more than arenas though so it'd balance out and be cheaper in my opinion. 2 Stadium dates over 5 arena dates cuts demand too because people see all five arena shows but only go to 2 stadium shows thus demand is lower. Plus there's a recession, raising prices would be commercial suicide

Plus it'll always be more expensive in Europe no matter what. Probably 50% more expensive

All said and done, I hope all of us can catch at least one show. Imagine the conversations :drool:

I also really hope mine and Emma's NY/Buffalo show works out - we were planning on seeing them there for all the nights they play, with Wayne flying down with Emma for a weekend if it works :lol:

:ginferscrossed:

I think the tour will be like this

July-August: Europe
September-October: NA
November-March: Work on next album
May: Release album
May-June: NA
July-August: Euope
October-December: South America, Asia, Australia

That'd be the perfect tour :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.