Festivals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

{paintedroses}

New Yorker
Is anyone going to or been to any music festivals this summer? Share your experiences/opinions/etc here:)

I was gonna go to Reading but I have the same problem as you.. unless I can blag £120 off my parents it looks like I don't have the joy of living in a mucky field for a weekend this year :(

Ha! I've been for the past 4 years, but only once for the whole wknd. Back in 2001 that was, and my mates have never forgiven me, as I bailed on camping and stayed in the Travel Inn nearby....:reject:

I hate camping with a passion! I can't do without a wash in the mornings!:wink:

Lol theres a lot to be said for staying in local hotels when a festival is on.. my friend was staying in the same hotel as the Manics one year at the V festival:ohmy:! I'd take that over a tent any day

I'm going to V Festival next weekend hoping my tickets arrive on time. I live dead close to the Leeds one but really don't like some of the atmosphere there.

i'm going to Reading this year but i won't be watching the main stages hardly, practically all of the bands i want to see are on the smaller stages (apart from Kings of Leon, they are playing the main stage on sat, can't wait for that)

i'm going to the vans warped tour, even though the line-up this year is terrible.

i'm going mostly going because it's coming only 10 miles away from where i live, and i haven't gone to any kind of show for months. plus the dropkick murphys are playing, i'd like to see the street dogs again, and beduoin soundclash are supposedly kickass live.

I was so tempted to buy tix for Across the Narrows, but I couldn't find anyone else willing to splurge so much (ah, the woes of being a college student)...not to mention the fact that I'd have a hell of a time picking which show to go to!

And since paintedroses asked, here's who's playing:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1 - Keyspan Park, Coney Island show featuring: Pixies, Gang of Four, Built to Spill, Rilo Kiley, Death From Above 1979, Mando Diao, Nine Black Alps

AND

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2 - Keyspan Park, Coney Island show featuring: Beck, Belle & Sebastian, The Polyphonic Spree, The Raveonettes, Gang Gang Dance, Whirlwind Heat

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1 - Richmond Park, Staten Island show featuring: The Killers, New York Dolls, Interpol, British Sea Power, Tegan and Sara, The Ordinary Boys, Lake Trout

AND

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2 - Richmond Park, Staten Island show featuring: Oasis, Jet, Doves, The Lemonheads, Kasabian, Jesse Malin, The Redwalls

Austin City Limits Festival next month.

Coldplay, Wilco, Arcade Fire, and Death Cab?

Of course I'm there :drool:

mabel said:

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2 - Richmond Park, Staten Island show featuring: Oasis, Jet, Doves, The Lemonheads, Kasabian, Jesse Malin, The Redwalls

I would kill to be there for that day :drool:

On another note: did anyone go to the V Festival this past weekend? I listened to it all weekend long on Virgin (I :heart: internet radio!)

I'm looking for any audio of performances from V... has anyone seen anything yet? :)

Hey, I didn't go to V but I saw some of it on TV - looked amazing. My friend went this year cos shes a massive fan of Oasis but I haven't spoken to her since to find out how it was etc... I'm sure it was blindin though! Sorry can't help you with finding audio from it. :)

saw AmsterJam @ randall's island in NYC this past saturday

Grandmaster Flash
Fat Joe
Garbage
Wyclef
Snoop Dog (suprise guest was Puffy)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Back
Top Bottom