Fess up you snobs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Musical confessions here please.
And dont be all 'oooh I dont have anything embarassing to confess, because I'm perrrrrfect.'

You're not.
:angry:

I am listening to Missy Higgins. Better late than never I spose. Though I do hate JJJ.

There are far too many, but these come to mind quickly:

Nelly Furtado - I quite like most all of her stuff, but still dont own anything by her.

Ummm.....I own a Savage Garden CD......

Belinda Carlile - Brings a lot of memories from childhood, I really only know the songs 'Circle In the Sand' and 'Heaven Is a Place On Earth', but I completely adore them both.

i love that song too bg. :grumpy:

if it makes you feel better about yourself, keep in mind i was trying to download CHER earlier, and then got ANNOYED when slsk shut down for maintenance.

pffft.

Phil Collins. I have a major weakness for his older, non-Disney soundtrack-related works.

I was going to say Billy Joel and Elton John - but I'm not at all embarrassed by those.

Uhm...I listen to all kinds of crap because I have to for my work. Thank god I only have to review it and then I can throw them in a corner. Some of the reviews I've written lately (this is getting really embarrassing): Jessica Simpson, R Kelly, Papa Roach etc. :(

bonosgirl84 said:
shakira.

i think the lyrics to underneath your clothes are terribly sexy.

thanks, angie. :mad:

Shakira's Spanish CD 'D?nde Est?n Los Ladrones?' is very good. I have that one. And Thal?a's 'Amor A La Mexicana.'

Dutch Partygirl said:
Uhm...I listen to all kinds of crap because I have to for my work. Thank god I only have to review it and then I can throw them in a corner. Some of the reviews I've written lately (this is getting really embarrassing): Jessica Simpson, R Kelly, Papa Roach etc. :(

Where do you write reviews for? And yes, I want names. :p

i cannot BELIEVE i'm going to admit this...but i secretly kinda dig john mayer's last album "heavier things."

i hope god forgives me.

I will admit something here to you all...my deepest, darkest secret...

I actually like the song "Pieces of Me" by Ashlee Simpson. :reject:

Angela Harlem said:
I am listening to Missy Higgins. Better late than never I spose. Though I do hate JJJ.
I've been listening to and enjoying Missy Higgins music for some time now. I like her. I also LOVE JJJ. I listen to the Today Today show and have a good old laugh and I like Home and Hosed and the new music they play.....beating the drum :)

I listen to Willie Nelson quite often and no matter how often I hear them, some of his songs still make me cry they are so beautiful. I own albums by Harry Belafonte, Peggy Lee, Hank Williams, Edith Piaf...ummmmm I'm sure there is something even more bizarre....BING CROSBY!!! I bought a Bing Crosby album recently, mainly because of the cute little dog on the cover. I get all sentimental and like to listen to Bing around Christams time...YOU"VE BEEN WARNED!!!

I have a soft spot for old Shak Attaque...Sharika. Hub once put the intro to Underneath Your Clothes as the start up music on our computer. I'll never forget the first morning that surprised me:lmao:

robbie williams. and harry connick jr. and christina aguilera. although i'm not really that embarrassed. i embrace my dorkiness. :|

nothing i listen to embarrases me!

whether it acutually should, is another matter.

vertical horizon. there are a handful of songs (including the singles, but not restricted to those heard on the radio) on that album i actually did like.

the offpsring song 'one fine day'. not to be mistaken with the...you know...the one everyone knows. i hate the way they sing it, i think if someone better covered it...like sixer or suspect device. perhaps even pistol grip.

chumbawumba -tubthumping :wink:

really, there are so many songs. so many bands. hell, i'm not supposed to like andrew wk if i want to be a proper music snob.

I am going to completely bare my soul and admit...

I love the song "Careless Whisper" by Wham!
I also like some Foreigner songs.
I am so going to hell. :yikes:

bonosgirl84 said:
the spanish language makes me :combust:

:yes:

I just got the name of the latest Oreja De Van Gogh album. They even won a Latin Grammy with that one, so I surely want to buy it when I'm in Madrid next week.

:reject: Ummm....I was recently caught tapping my toes and - GASP! - singing along with Britney Spears on "Poison". :reject:

I....am....soooo....ashamed. :ohmy:

fun topic! I have loads of music I'm ashamed of but proably the worst offender which I shamelessly love...
Air supply - making love out of nothing at all

come on guys - you know its fun to sing!

Also the new ashlee simpson single - I find myself helpless unable not to sing along
....and Africa -Toto? the song with the lyric
"the wild dogs cry out in the night as they grow restless longing for some solitary company..." yes, I have that on my ipod - shameful

Re: Re: Fess up you snobs.

cass said:

Harry Belafonte, Peggy Lee, Hank Williams (?? not familiar with :) ), Edith Piaf...ummmmm I'm sure there is something even more bizarre....BING CROSBY!!! :lmao:

These are tops choices cass! I love Peggy Lee. My grandmother got me into her :up:

I've listened to Cliff Richard a time or two. But solely for the fact that the theme song for the Young Ones was written by him. And 'cos Larry sings Summer Holiday on the UF Documentary...

There's not much else. I mean, I like Matchbox Twenty and Dashboard Confessional and all that, but I honestly like them and I'm not [very] afraid to admit it.

Whitesnake - Is This Love that im feeling la la

Bon Jovi - Dead or Alive

John Denver - Aye Calypso, I sing to your spirit <insert yodel here>

I own many Duran Duran 12 inch Japanese import remixes (but i think that is starting to become cool again)

If its new romantic or reaaally bad disco I probably love it. :love:

I too like Shakira, Chumbawumba, Wham, Foreigner, John Mayer and Robbie Williams, and I saw the Spice Girls movie - at the cinema no less.

I like that Nicleback pants around your feet song

Im such a dag I dont even know who Missy Higgins is!

Speaking of daggy, does anyone remember who bought out a heavy metal version of Swan Lake in the late 70s/early 80s? I think it was Triumph or Saracene but I cant find it :scream:

oops forgot Livvy - Xanadu :love:

edited again - Neil Diamond but i think everybody knows that about me already.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom