Fess up you snobs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
Spice Girls.....

I even own 'Spice World'

They were a great pop music band

I'm going to have to admit to liking the Spice Girls, too. I even considered bying their CD again. I don't know what happened by my copy.

I also like the Dixie Chicks and Gary Allen, even though I really don't like country music.

Enya.

Bare Naked Ladies. (If I had a million dollars.... :D )

I'm sure there are more. I just can't think of them right now

i wouldn't think of barenaked ladies being something i was supposed to hide...i wear my tour shirts in public.

:madspit: :wink:

Screaming Flower said:
robbie williams. and harry connick jr.

I do not see those as bad artists AT ALL.

I like Robbie Williams too.

Beli, on the otherhand..I have lost a lot of respect for you. :wink:

:D

I can confess a few things that would make people around here go :tsk:, but honestly, the more time I spend in B&C, the more I realize that it's ok to like music other people hate. We all have such different tastes, which is awesome.

Anyway....

I like Good Charlotte. Their songs are just fun and catchy as hell. The video for "Hold On," their song about suicide, moves me too.

I don't like Linkin Park, but I do like their song "Faint."

Rap is much despised around here, but I love it. And I don't just mean The Roots, Jurassic 5, and Outkast, who seem to get respect around here. I like Lil' John, Nelly, Juvenile, 50 Cent and all the guys in the G-Unit, Petey Pablo (Freek-a-Leek :heart: ), and so many more.

I also own quite a few CDs by Boyz II Men and Janet Jackson. I'm a fan of pop-style R&B, I guess you could call it.

I think that's about it for now. :D

IWasBored said:
i wouldn't think of barenaked ladies being something i was supposed to hide...i wear my tour shirts in public.

:madspit: :wink:

:shrug:

Maybe it's just the area I'm in. Most people give me this disgusted look like "EEEWWW I can't believe you like them".

:eyebrow:

zoney! said:

Beli, on the otherhand..I have lost a lot of respect for you. :wink:

:D

Says Mr Europe himself!

I bet you were a huge Skid Row fan in the day. Speaking of which, one of the radio stations did a flashback and played one of their songs the other day. Oh boy did I turn it up loud :D

zoney! said:
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower
robbie williams. and harry connick jr.

I do not see those as bad artists AT ALL.

I like Robbie Williams too.
I like both of them too. Millenium :heart:

I also like cheesy dance pop sometimes....I can't even think of an example...you know, the stuff you usually find on horrid compilations....

I am NOT a fan of 80s Hair metal, Miss Harelm.

Europe had one good pop song. :wink:

I like cheesy pop dance songs because they are exactly that: fun cheesy pop songs.

my confession: Madonna. :sexywink:

ylimeU2 said:

Maybe it's just the area I'm in. Most people give me this disgusted look like "EEEWWW I can't believe you like them".

:shrug: they probably say that to me, too...i'm just in denial or something :shifty:

Bryan Adams. Not the new shit, but the 80s stuff - :drool: .

Really.

ylimeU2 said:

Nope, it's not just the area you're in....

I can't think of any guilty musical pleasures though. Of course, in some groups of my friends liking U2 (even just early U2) is considered a guilty secret! :ohmy: :eek: :D

How'd I not find this thread sooner??

Alright, where do I start here...

Nelly Furtado, Gina Gina (Oooh Ahh :sexywink: ), Justin Timberlake (although I don't really feel guilty, the guy is good), ummm, there must be 100's more. I can't think of them right now.

I'm a huge fan of pop music, so long as it's not "pop rock". Pop rock sucks ass.

Dutch Partygirl said:
The Music is brilliant!

Yeah, they're ok.

If you like that sort of thing. Of course, I don't understand it myself.

Christina Aguilera. Yes, I actually listen to her "music". :tsk: I had a bunch of CDs on random play earlier and she came on after a My Bloody Valentine bootleg. I thought the CD player was going to revolt. :no:

The Dirty Dancing soundtrack.

John Mayer :huh:

There's actually one that I am afraid/ashamed to admit. :silent:

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:

You're embarrassed to like these people/bands? I think they are just fine! :up:

it's not so much that i'm embarrassed but i don't like anything pop, r&b, hip hop, country that everybody was mentioning and these are the groups i could think of oither than u2 that people constantly make fun of me for liking them.

elevation2u said:

it's not so much that i'm embarrassed but i don't like anything pop, r&b, hip hop, country that everybody was mentioning and these are the groups i could think of oither than u2 that people constantly make fun of me for liking them.

Pfft, let me guess, they're into Dashboard Confessional, and think the year's biggest hype is surrounding Slipknots' latest album?

Linkin Park

Bryan Adams (well maybe he doesn't count, I just know there was some joke about him on South Park movie)

Ace of Bass

My most guilty pleasure, a slew of country songs.

I love hair metal! :up:

I was an 80's teen so it's okay! I still think it's better than a lot of music that has come since, especially rapmetal and numetal :down:

Back
Top Bottom