Fernando de Noronha Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Yeah, past ones were funny, but that crossed a line.

I think next we need to go to somewhere in Russia with a really long, difficult name.

ok i should be asleep for our next move i've got bill ready to go some day.

Axver said:
How about Nizhnij Novgorod?

i totally noticed that one! but then i rejected it because it sounded familiar...dunno if it's the novgorod part, or some russian novelist i've read has used it....

Varitek said:
I think Red Hill Mining Town would OWN live.

I think this is completely true.

I also think Bono's vocal excuse is weak. His inability to properly sing Pride hasn't stopped them for 24 years and counting.

Varitek said:
I think Red Hill Mining Town would OWN live.

I find it very strange that Bono couldn't "hit the notes" in that one. :huh: It's really not that hard, and his voice was the strongest it had ever been on that tour. :|

Jeremy Enigk: Return of the Frog Queen.

Sorry I'm vacant. I'm on the phone.

coolian2 said:
Resolution and Independence Superthread

It sounds like a place, somewhere.

There is actually a Truth and Consequences, New Mexico. Might be appropriate with all the oversharing ...

LemonMelon said:

I find it very strange that Bono couldn't "hit the notes" in that one. :huh: It's really not that hard, and his voice was the strongest it had ever been on that tour. :|

I wonder if they just couldn't get their shit together and needed a convenient excuse. That's clearly what happened late on tour when they kept trying to rehearse it to play in Tempe for RAH.

bono_man2002 said:

I'll say. But I've actually done some work today, so I guess the second half of the day was good.

I worked, found out a good friend of mine's going through a shitty time (he won't tell me what--my best guess is that his wife might be leaving him, but I've really no clue), and my girlfriend's really stressed cuz she's gonna be graduating from an arts college with a degree in dance coming up soon and doesn't know what she wants to do (as getting well paying jobs in the dance industry are quite unheard of in the US). It adds up quick.

Axver said:

I think this is completely true.

I also think Bono's vocal excuse is weak. His inability to properly sing Pride hasn't stopped them for 24 years and counting.

I know I'm in a minority but I liked the Vertigo Pride. older versions on boots aren't as good.

And yeah, especially as his voice has sounded great lately, a capella Beatles covers aside, it would be amazing if they could break it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom