Fernando de Noronha Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton said:

Which is why Chiam Potok is my favorite author. All of those things rolled into one novel.

Speaking of which, have you started reading the Brothers K yet?

Hey, suck-fuck, you already asked me that. I am further along than when last you asked. About 50 pages in. I do need to pick up the pace, though....I read less lately and post here more, which needs to be remedied.

unico said:

awesome. my friend once shaved that thing that they keep the eucharist in into his head for easter. where are ya pfan? what's that thing called?

I went to a costume party as a Frat Boy recently and shaved a landing strip on my chin. But then I started to think about it and in certain positions that could really act as sexual velcro.

No spoken words said:
My Yankee Stadium seat was free. Courtesy of my foot. :)

Free, likewise, but not from my foot. I think someone used the drunk asian's head! :up:

Varitek said:

i could have had a pair of fenway bleacher seats if i'd wanted to pay $450 for them but I am a poor student. and they wouldn't guarantee that you'd get your season seats anyway. i would at least want ones with the right seat numbers on them.

I saw that and asked when I was there how we could get one. I would have LOVED to buy one. We (schmeg and I) have a "baseball" bathroom. I bought a stadium seat 13 years ago and we have buitl a theme room around it. Still working on it.

AND, Where did I come from? I post in here once in a while.

Varitek...Schmeg and I will be going to the Sunday Brewers game at Fenway. I will buy you a beer.

unico said:
same here...i was supposed to read a chapter tonight. so much for that

A few months ago, it was safe to say I read a book a week, on average.....now, it's more like every 3 weeks. I mean, Screwtape's purity score is captivating and all, but......

:)

Dalton said:
Have any of you sat on top of the monster yet? That's a dream of mine.

I did the first year it was open, we had standing room but stole some front row stools after a while. It was fucking cold but awesome, I woudln't do it all the time but worth the view. And NSW they made it pretty hard to fall off/jump off/get pushed off.

I have yet to sit on the upper right deck with the home-plate shaped tables, but eh. I like my bleacher seats.

unico said:

awesome. my friend once shaved that thing that they keep the eucharist in into his head for easter. where are ya pfan? what's that thing called?

Tabernacle.

Varitek said:

I did the first year it was open, we had standing room but stole some front row stools after a while. It was fucking cold but awesome, I woudln't do it all the time but worth the view. And NSW they made it pretty hard to fall off/jump off/get pushed off.

I have yet to sit on the upper right deck with the home-plate shaped tables, but eh. I like my bleacher seats.

Yeah, pushed off would be my worry. I just want to sit there once. My idiot cousin has been up there like 5 times. Poor kid came down to The Bronx for a Yanks/Sox series at the Stadium and had his car robbed, he had parked it right near the Woodlawn stop for the 4 train.

zonelistener said:

I saw that and asked when I was there how we could get one. I would have LOVED to buy one. We (schmeg and I) have a "baseball" bathroom. I bought a stadium seat 13 years ago and we have buitl a theme room around it. Still working on it.

AND, Where did I come from? I post in here once in a while.

Varitek...Schmeg and I will be going to the Sunday Brewers game at Fenway. I will buy you a beer.

They sent the offer to seasons ticket holders.

I'd love a beer but when are the Brewers in town? I won't be there, anyway, as we have the weeknight package (we are trying to upgrade) and I bought tickets to a saturday seattle game in the season ticket holder presale. i'm not gonna be in boston much anyway so i'll miss most of the season :sad:

No spoken words said:

A few months ago, it was safe to say I read a book a week, on average.....now, it's more like every 3 weeks. I mean, Screwtape's purity score is captivating and all, but......

:)

i have a friend who gets through one book a week at least. kinda like you did.

i should've read a chapter for an exam im gonna take on wednesday. so...i should probably get on that.

night night bar!

unico said:

i should've read a chapter for an exam im gonna take on wednesday. so...i should probably get on that.

night night bar!

Later MAYA.

Varitek said:

And NSW they made it pretty hard to fall off/jump off/get pushed off.

It could be done though....Schmeg when we did the tour (BP in the background):

Summerandfall2007113.jpg

unico said:

night night bar!

we are not the bar we are the superthread. :mad:

night. i should go do work soon too.

Varitek said:

They sent the offer to seasons ticket holders.

I'd love a beer but when are the Brewers in town? I won't be there, anyway, as we have the weeknight package (we are trying to upgrade) and I bought tickets to a saturday seattle game in the season ticket holder presale. i'm not gonna be in boston much anyway so i'll miss most of the season :sad:

Bummer. They are there in May. I bought two tickets in the same section. That was as close as I could get two together. Complete fluke.

I am trying to upgrade my Reds/Red Sox tickets (we bought a Sunday bleacher pack for the Reds knowing it was one of the only ways to get Red Sox/Reds tickets).

Tomorrow I am going to try and get some Nats/Cubs tickets at the Nats new ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom