Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to think how many pictures I took.

Will have to import them soon and spam the thread or something.

Though, I swear, the Siemens electric multiple units have the most uncomfortable bloody seats.

Frankston - Stony Point V/Line carriage train for the win. :up:

Though ... Frankston for the lose. Phail Collins, when not in Phailadelphia, resides there.

The Palestra pwns everyone.

Also, I met Brian Grandieri before the game and talked to him for a little while. Really nice guy, and by far Penn's best player.

Screwtape2 said:

I love college basketball. I have been watching the MVC quarterfinals all day. :drool:

If you ever come to Philly, you have to see a game at The Palestra. I've seen college games from here to North Carolina, and I've never been to anything like a Big 5 game at The Palestra. It's unbelievable.

College basketball in March is the best American sport. Bar none.

And there's fucking Gus Johnson FTMFW.

Screwtape2 said:

I have never seen the underside of a train or done the Haka. So yeah I'm at 99% probably. :wink:

:lol:

You haven't lived.

We knew this already, though.

phillyfan26 said:
College basketball in March is the best American sport. Bar none.

Wrong. The only American sport that is even vaguely watchable - i.e. does not induce suicidal urges in people with taste - is basketball.

No spoken words said:

Rise and Fire!!!

You're watching March Madness on CBS! HA!!!!

[CBS goes to commercial showing a highlight of Acie Law] Texas A&M always has a chance ... WHEN THEY'VE GOT THE LAW ON THEIR SIDE!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Axver said:

Wrong. The only American sport that is even vaguely watchable - i.e. does not induce suicidal urges in people with taste - is basketball.

Phail Collins.

phillyfan26 said:

[CBS goes to commercial showing a highlight of Acie Law] Texas A&M always has a chance ... WHEN THEY'VE GOT THE LAW ON THEIR SIDE!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

PFan, once, he was calling an NFL game, and Josh Cribbs was returning a kick, and the call was basically this" Cribbs at the goal line....makes a move...finds A SEAM!!!....to the 50, the 40, Cribbs.....to the Crib!"

phillyfan26 said:

Phail Collins.

He clearly wrote the rules to all American sports, yes.

Holy fucking shit, American sports suck. The only reason anybody watches it is because Americans live in such a fucking insulated cuccoon that they aren't exposed to anything worthwhile. Did I see any foreign sport when I was over there, in the newspapers or on TV? Nooo. Do I see it here? Of course.

Fucking Yanks.

No spoken words said:
PFan, once, he was calling an NFL game, and Josh Cribbs was returning a kick, and the call was basically this" Cribbs at the goal line....makes a move...finds A SEAM!!!....to the 50, the 40, Cribbs.....to the Crib!"

How about when he called that UCLA-Gonzaga game when Morrisson cried?

"with the CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCCH......."

Axver said:

Holy fucking shit, American sports suck. The only reason anybody watches it is because Americans live in such a fucking insulated cuccoon that they aren't exposed to anything worthwhile. Did I see any foreign sport when I was over there, in the newspapers or on TV? Nooo. Do I see it here? Of course.

Fucking Yanks.

You're talking out of your ass. I've televised Cricket, Aussie rules Football, Futbol, F1 Auto Racing, etc. For over a decade. On top of watching/following/playing baseball, football, basketball, tennis, raquetball, swimming, bowling and hockey.

phillyfan26 said:

How about when he called that UCLA-Gonzaga game when Morrisson cried?

"with the CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCCH......."

That whole game is legendary for the comeback, the crying and the call. Unreal. Gus melts down. He's the best.

Axver said:

Fucking Yanks.

False. :)

Axver said:

Fucking Yanks.

I see international sports. Granted, I usually change the channel, but they're there.

Soccer is the most common one since most of the world plays it, and all of it bores me to tears, with the slight exception of the World Cup.

Fuck this thread. I'll be back when this moves to the Basin Reserve or something.

Screwtape2 said:

Not a fan of the Boston Red. :wink:

Not a fan of America. It's funny, I used to like the place, then every new thing I've learnt about it has been a reason to dislike it. And now that the one reason in my life to at least have a veneer of politeness is gone, what the fuck do I care any more.

Axver said:

Not a fan of America. It's funny, I used to like the place, then every new thing I've learnt about it has been a reason to dislike it. And now that the one reason in my life to at least have a veneer of politeness is gone, what the fuck do I care any more.

Maybe you need to relax a little right about now? Whatever is bothering you, do you think it's mature to take out on the three of us, while insulting the sports we happen to love and the country we live in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom