Fenway Park Superthread! - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #676
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
So does this "20th" century. What in tarnation is that all about? What is this jungle music you youths are listening to?
Yeah, well, your 19th century ... has plentiful trains, and Julius Vogel, and ... shit, sounds appealling; I'm packing my bags already! Fuck you, 20th and 21st centuries!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #677
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
ax - i hope you get to stop pretending you aren't miserable because you're actually happy soon
Thanks. I'd like to say I have a quick fix or something, but I really don't. I've got to reconstruct my entire friendship circle and that's not easy. I know I'll feel good eventually, when I'm not socially isolated, but right now, I feel really lonely in Melbourne without any really close friends.

I especially hate how empty it feels at my place. I of course always had Mum around for the first 19 years of my life, then my flatmate in Brisbane in 2006, then last year Kate would stay for dinner at least three nights a week. But now that I've had to cut her out of my life to stop being manipulated, it's just me here, with only a tank of fish for company ...

Fuck, I hate sounding like a mopey bastard. Sorry for this post.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #678
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:36 PM
No kidding.

I wish we didn't move too far past the 40's. Damn good times. Or at least, fashion wise. Imagine how rocking it would have been if people still had fedoras and suits rather than mullets and t-shirts with obnoxious words in Impact font.

I know, seriously.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #679
Blue Crack Addict

Aw man, Axxo.

You're in a position that's hard for anybody. Don't feel bad, if I were in Melbourne I'd walk right up to you and give you a big hug.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #680
Vocal parasite

Quote:
No kidding.

I wish we didn't move too far past the 40's. Damn good times. Or at least, fashion wise. Imagine how rocking it would have been if people still had fedoras and suits rather than mullets and t-shirts with obnoxious words in Impact font.

I know, seriously.
I might not look so wildly out of place. Honestly, I often look at photos from the 1930s or so and think the guys look really cool and well-dressed. Then I hop on the tram and go to uni and it's just a pack of slobs.

Though the social conditions would be intolerable.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #681
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Thanks. I'd like to say I have a quick fix or something, but I really don't. I've got to reconstruct my entire friendship circle and that's not easy. I know I'll feel good eventually, when I'm not socially isolated, but right now, I feel really lonely in Melbourne without any really close friends.

I especially hate how empty it feels at my place. I of course always had Mum around for the first 19 years of my life, then my flatmate in Brisbane in 2006, then last year Kate would stay for dinner at least three nights a week. But now that I've had to cut her out of my life to stop being manipulated, it's just me here, with only a tank of fish for company ...

Fuck, I hate sounding like a mopey bastard. Sorry for this post.
it sure as fuck isn't easy. i'm a very extroverted person, but sometimes i can be rather shy too. but you're very lucky. you go to university. it is an easy way to make new friends. especially since you're taking classes with people who share common interests. you were friends with these people for a long time, so it is going to take awhile for this to pass on. but you're an intelligent and very likable person. i really don't forsee you having any problem making friends.

and don't be sorry, you don't sound mopey at all. it's a chat thread and we can talk about almost anything here
Old 03-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
No kidding.

I know, seriously.
i wouldn't miss uggs either. or raccoon eyes. i should buy stock in eyeliner. i'd be a billionaire.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #683
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Aw man, Axxo.

You're in a position that's hard for anybody. Don't feel bad, if I were in Melbourne I'd walk right up to you and give you a big hug.
Thanks.

Sometimes I wonder if I should move back to Brisbane, but then I barely saw my best friend anyway as he's up in Toowoomba, and I actually have my independence in Melbourne, so I'd go mad in Queensland. I can at least make friends eventually down here, I hope. I can't exactly build the world's largest tram network in Brisbane.

At least I've been able to catch up with Ali, Daniel, and Melissa and they're all really cool, and hopefully soon I'll meet Maj. Panic and Jen and the others too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 AM
sometimes I rock a fedora. I look like a douche though.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #685
Blue Crack Addict

Ronaldo is rampant this morning.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

who?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #687
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
who?

Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #688
Blue Crack Addict

You'll be fine, Ax. It's been hard for me making friends now that I live in Adelaide, though it's easier to keep in touch with some mates in the country, it's still sort of bumpy.

I own a fedora, and I would wear it in public were it not for the fact that most people who were fedoras in public today are those that paint Warhammer miniatures, have a complete Disturbed collection and wear over-sized t-shirts with airbrushed Sioux Chiefs on them.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #689
Vocal parasite

Quote:
it sure as fuck isn't easy. i'm a very extroverted person, but sometimes i can be rather shy too. but you're very lucky. you go to university. it is an easy way to make new friends. especially since you're taking classes with people who share common interests. you were friends with these people for a long time, so it is going to take awhile for this to pass on. but you're an intelligent and very likable person. i really don't forsee you having any problem making friends.

and don't be sorry, you don't sound mopey at all. it's a chat thread and we can talk about almost anything here
I'm very, very introverted. On the Myer-Briggs test thing, I'm an INTJ, with I think 88% on the I. It's weird because I don't seem like a shy person. Just look at how much I've posted here! I've got my debating awards. I tend to dominate tutorial discussion at uni. But they're all places where you're meant to talk, you know? I come, do what I'm meant to do, and go. Interference is rare in that I've gotten more into it and made what I hope are some lasting friendships. But look at how long it took me just to get beyond EYKIW/Tour.

Honestly, I've had horrible trouble making friends at university. I haven't made ANY, truth be told, and I'm starting my third year. Well, I'd count my flatmate from my first year as a friend, but that was due to being flatmates; we only did one class together, and he only took it because I was doing it. I think it's so hard. You talk to people for an hour-long tutorial 10 or 12 weeks a semester (PolSci and History faculties respectively) and then chances are you'll only see one or two of them ever again.

I want to join debating or the political interest society, but I don't know anybody so I don't go.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #690
Vocal parasite

Quote:

i wouldn't miss uggs either. or raccoon eyes. i should buy stock in eyeliner. i'd be a billionaire.
I can't say I've ever heard of raccoon eyes.

(I expect at least two smartarse "you didn't know raccoons have eyes?" responses.)

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread