Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and actually on 2nd thought amtrak 1st class should be in 1st place. that was really ridiculously roomy and nice, and we had our own bathroom and there was even a shower in there if you'd wanted it. but dunno what euro 1st class looks like, and i hear indian 1st class on the 2 routes that offer it is just as nice.

My computer is sucking right now. Wish I could keep up.

Working on my playlist via my iPod. It's difficult without the flexibility of iTunes.

Varitek said:
not if you're doing a northeastern city-to-city communte early isn't no lines. early is full of business people for bos-ny-philly-dc. ugh. nothing worse than waking up 4 hours before you're used to to stand for nearly an hour in a security line and worry that you'll miss yoru flight.
well i was mostly referring to the airport in my city, but flying back is a coin toss. i've flown into bwi so many times their security can sometimes be horrible, so i've definitely had to stand in line there before. the vegas airport isn't bad, neither is tampa. any other airport i can think of that i've been to was pre 9/11 so the rules didn't really apply back then. but still, i've mostly flown to bwi even before and after all the changes.

Varitek said:

well the thai thing was just so pleasant. i mean earplugs were more necessary cause it wasnt a private compartment, but the bed was bigger, the sheets may very well have been cleaner, and i didnt feel super claustrophobic. then, i might feel differently now, the amtrak 2nd class was the first time i'd ever done sleeper, but i remember the upper bunk just being tiny and confining and incredibly uncomfortable, and there was no room to move in the compartment. whereas euro 2nd class was roomy enough and the thais have curtains and not doors to the compartments so it didnt feel as confined, even if it was less secure.

Yeah, I hear people being all "Third World OH NOEZ DIRTY!", but the comparative rail funding levels probably are fairly similar. And the quality of service probably slays New Zealand. If you want third world rail, look no further than New Zealand. The train Ian's going on has carriages that are about sixty years old and have been renovated and renovated again to within an inch of their life.

Axver said:

Yeah, I hear people being all "Third World OH NOEZ DIRTY!", but the comparative rail funding levels probably are fairly similar. And the quality of service probably slays New Zealand. If you want third world rail, look no further than New Zealand. The train Ian's going on has carriages that are about sixty years old and have been renovated and renovated again to within an inch of their life.

indian was seriously ass nasty. but so is eastern europe if you don't get a train that originates in central/western europe.

Varitek said:

yeah i posted my view a few pages back, here

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4948/dsc09415yz8.jpg

we got in in 2003, october, right after the sox got knocked out, cause we realized we were going to 30 games a year and struggling to collect all the playoff tickets. this was long before the schilling and arod things, which created the waiting list.

Sweet. I'm lucky if I see five games a year.

coolian2 said:

I was hoping that would go past you.

Especially because i was at a league game last year than ended 4-2.

Ha, you got owned. Though was that 4 from a try or from two penalties? The worst rugby game I've ever seen - not in person, thankfully - was the second division final between Northland and Southland in about 1995. Southland won 12-6. Yep, just six penalties. Nobody even came close to scoring a try. Absolutely stupid, pointless game.

Axver said:

The train Ian's going on has carriages that are about sixty years old and have been renovated and renovated again to within an inch of their life.

For a moment there i thought you meant Auckland trains. But when you said they'd been renovated i knew what you meant.

Axver said:

Ha, you got owned. Though was that 4 from a try or from two penalties? The worst rugby game I've ever seen - not in person, thankfully - was the second division final between Northland and Southland in about 1995. Southland won 12-6. Yep, just six penalties. Nobody even came close to scoring a try. Absolutely stupid, pointless game.

Melbourne 4
1 try
Warriors 2
1 penalty goal

Forget the result, it was the WORST game i've ever seen. We had to create our own entertainment in the crowd.

The worst rugby game i've seen yet - last years world cup final. Up until then i tried to care about rugby, but that final, and the muppets who went on about it being good made me give up.

Hey Axver--I'm still waiting to hear which songs you liked. :|
(the delay in response is due to the fact that you don't like any of them isn't it?)

Here's an idea of how bored I was tonight.

I pitted John Lennon and Bono against each other for a few rounds of Wii Bowling. :wink:

bonolennonbowlingws1.jpg

Long story short: Bono isn't much of a bowler. :tsk:

LemonMelon said:
Here's an idea of how bored I was tonight.

I pitted John Lennon and Bono against each other for a few rounds of Wii Bowling. :wink:

bonolennonbowlingws1.jpg

Long story short: Bono isn't much of a bowler. :tsk:

:up: FTW!

coolian2 said:

For a moment there i thought you meant Auckland trains. But when you said they'd been renovated i knew what you meant.

Heh, the Auckland ones aren't quite that old. They're, what, 30 years old? British imports that were regauged.

Honestly, I don't think they're bad. But fuck, the government needs to just put up the money for some new carriages already. How third world does New Zealand want to look with its hand-me-downs?

phanan said:

Sweet. I'm lucky if I see five games a year.

We can't afford going hardly at all. I get ebay cheapies for low-draw teams like Colorado, Arizona, Florida. Otherwise, we can't drop $100 minimum on a ball game :|

coolian2 said:
The worst rugby game i've seen yet - last years world cup final. Up until then i tried to care about rugby, but that final, and the muppets who went on about it being good made me give up.

I didn't actually watch that game. The fact it took a fortnight to get from the quarter-finals to the final made me simply stop caring. Why bother getting up at 5:30am or whatever it was?

the tourist said:
Hey Axver--I'm still waiting to hear which songs you liked. :|
(the delay in response is due to the fact that you don't like any of them isn't it?)

No, it's due to the fact I need to play the album again!

I'd tell you if I didn't like it. You know how blunt I am.

Axver said:

Heh, the Auckland ones aren't quite that old. They're, what, 30 years old? British imports that were regauged.

Honestly, I don't think they're bad. But fuck, the government needs to just put up the money for some new carriages already. How third world does New Zealand want to look with its hand-me-downs?

Fuck carriages, i want railway lines.

man i wanna play wii so badly! i played once, this racing game, and i suck ass at video games but the racing game rewarded taking risks which is what i do accidentally! i beat a guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom