fender-bender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just had an accident at one of Birmingham's worst intersections. We have so many totally f:censored:d up intersections around here (this one has six roads, one light........go figure:censored:) that we have the fifth highest per capita accident rate in the U.S. Neither one of us were hurt, but I'm pretty shaken up. I'm calling the insurance company and all of this other stuff. Ugh. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Oh no! Glad to hear you're okay. Fender benders are annoying, but it's good that you're not hurt.

I went to mass this afternoon. My mother took me after we took the car to a body shop. Whew, I needed that! I'm OK. It's an irritant that there are so many blantantly unsafe intersections here. Even the newspapers regularly call the very worst one Malfunction Junction. A particularly horrific accident shut that one down for fourteen months while they repaired damage from it. This is *really* bad. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
I went to mass this afternoon. My mother took me after we took the car to a body shop. Whew, I needed that! I'm OK. It's an irritant that there are so many blantantly unsafe intersections here. Even the newspapers regularly call the very worst one Malfunction Junction. A particularly horrific accident shut that one down for fourteen months while they repaired damage from it. This is *really* bad. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Three E's of traffic include Engineering, Enforcement and Education - you've identified two of those failures at that intersection, Engineering and Enforcement! If your city is not willing to pay more attention to the problems at that location, you must write your councilman, assemblymen, all the way up! Also address Copies of your letters to your regional Office of Traffic Safety; they can do a check on the # of accidents and the primary cause of those losses...good luck!!!

Mr. BAW said:

Three E's of traffic include Engineering, Enforcement and Education - you've identified two of those failures at that intersection, Engineering and Enforcement! If your city is not willing to pay more attention to the problems at that location, you must write your councilman, assemblymen, all the way up! Also address Copies of your letters to your regional Office of Traffic Safety; they can do a check on the # of accidents and the primary cause of those losses...good luck!!!

This is why my city/state government is such a :censored: :censored: :censored: joke! The idiots in City Hall and the Capitol don't do their jobs! The cop who got our reports was doing his thirteenth fender-bender of the day and it was 12:30 in the afternoon. Believe me, I'm firing off letters to the State Department of Public Safety and other appropriate big shots. This is frustrating, to say the least.:censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
One thing's for sure: I'm *not* using that :censored: intersection again. I'll have to figure out an alternative route to some places. I'm writing irate letters to officials telling them that I am boycotting that intersection until they at least put a second light there. :censored: :censored: :censored:

I got into a fender bender at a bad intersection too. It was one of those Y roads with two sections of the road meeting up with one, near a gas station. You had to watch all at once people coming from both directions up the main road, turning onto the side road, or turning in and out of the gas station. I thought I had them all covered, pulled out, and got hit by a girl coming out of the residential area across from the gas station I hadn't noticed before! :crazy: It's not our fault, it's the crazy roads!!

I am indeed having a hassle with this stupid car. :censored: The insurance company totalled the :censored: thing. I'm not happy about having to find another car. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom