Fellowship of the Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2001, 08:03 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by travu2:
the strength of the bond between Sam and Frodo was very touching.

OMG!!! Mum said, on the way home, she tinks both Frodo and Sam might have a wee 'thing' there, I was like 'WHAT? Ma they are not together in real life '....she said its how they looked lovingly at each other at the end in the boat...........watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, yes I saw the movie and all I want to say to express myself is:

Oh happiness rock the mother lords, big fling picture and abscess, huge horses and domineering scenes, big thunderdrum and ride the waves of the swooping camera, lets fly the world and into the scenes, tiny boys next to huge wizards and a gift of intelligence by a director, a gift of wizardery and happy souls, true love on a bridge, a dark-hooded pile of sex in the corner lighting up, capture the dark sins with white wash, cry with the move of the sounds with singing non-vocal and lay and be comfortable in surround of a full place while huge up there takes over ur mind and leaves u feeling happy to be alive!!!!!!!!!!

ya all got that? (if anyone wants a translation, I'd be happy to give!)

In fact MR UNFORGETTABLE LEMON!!!
I wanted to mail u over this, can I mail u over this?????????

Old 12-24-2001, 11:12 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mad1:

In fact MR UNFORGETTABLE LEMON!!!
I wanted to mail u over this, can I mail u over this?????????

Please do, my lady. jason_cash@hotmail.com

Old 12-24-2001, 02:46 PM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mad1:

OMG!!! Mum said, on the way home, she tinks both Frodo and Sam might have a wee 'thing' there, I was like 'WHAT? Ma they are not together in real life '....she said its how they looked lovingly at each other at the end in the boat...........watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!

True Sam and Frodo have a close relationship...based on the relationships Tolkien himself forged in the trenchs of WWI...but that is the main reason they introduced the character of Rosie Cotton so early in the movie(she comes around later in the books) to show that Sam is at least a heterosexual hobbit...

The movie is great. I saw it twice. I had some minor problems with it but not enough to dull my enjoyment of it.

A lot of people have a problem letting go of *their* vision of Middle Earth....hence their lack of enjoyment of the movie...but most people come around if they see it more than once...

dream wanderer

Old 12-24-2001, 02:51 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dream wanderer:
A lot of people have a problem letting go of *their* vision of Middle Earth....hence their lack of enjoyment of the movie...but most people come around if they see it more than once...

Well, for someone like me it's important NOT to let go of *my* vision of Middle Earth, since I have a major emotional attachment to it. For me, the movie--which I will certainly see again--was more a case of placing Jackson's version and my version side by side and comparing, seeing where they were different and where they were similar. There were many similarities, and many differences. Overall I felt that it was a different vision from mine, but in a way, that made it more interesting.

But when I read the books again, which I want to do soon, I'm not just going to allow the movie vision to take over. My own personal vision is still foremost in my mind.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-24-2001).]
Old 12-27-2001, 07:49 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Aww Thanks Jason!!!!!

Anyway Im gonna go see it again, nearer the end of Jan/beginning of Feb cause Im taking my friends little bro and his mate, gonna treat them to see it at the Odyssey, the best place to see it.......to be honest I need to see it again anyway, cause halfway through the film I was getting a sore head from being seated up too close to the screen, therefore lost concentration on it......but still my fav scene is all four hobbits hiding under the tree and the camera looks up at the huge Ringwrath (?), or wasnt that the owner of the ring (?) (cannie remember)....I was like , and the bit where big wizard (sorry RIGHT now I dont have list of names and aint arsed searchin while Im typin), is pulled down into pit with huge firey monster....all before that too.......I was nearly cwying!!!!!!! (also the sad singing there )

*sniff sniff*

But the BEST FECKING BIT for me was Strider in the corner of the room lightin his ciggie up and his eyes covered......*swooooooon*

very much a magical film, and the best thing about fantasy films is that its suitable for all ages.........

so Jason, what about u then??????

(I will mail ya soon boy boy!)
Old 12-27-2001, 07:50 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

I can see Jason in a big red robe with a crown on his head getting ready for battle

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 12-27-2001).]
Old 12-27-2001, 11:50 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:01 AM
Actually, Maddie, I'm making a cameo in The Two Towers. I'll be with these cool cats called the Riders of Rohan, but I'll only be there for a few seconds. I get shot by an orc! But then again, maybe it's not me. I can only imagine. Actually, I'd rather be an elf, but I'm not quite built for an elf. More like a dwarf, but taller.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:04 AM   #23
Refugee

With Boromir and Faramir already in the movies, I think I should be offered a part as well!