Fellow Aussies!! Livid 2002!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Well then...this has to be one of the better Livid line-ups with the first lot of bands released for this years festival.

With Powderfinger and Oasis headlining this year, I am happier than someone who thought the cat had done its business on his pie but it turned out to be an extra big black berry.

So far we have....

POWDERFINGER, OASIS, GRINSPOON, GEORGE, AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD, SOMETHING FOR KATE, MOGWAI, DIRTY THREE, UNWRITTEN LAW, BAD RELIGION SUM 41, MACHINE GUN FELLATIO, SPARTA, MOTOR ACE, BODYJAR

yeah i know bono man, looks like a fucking stuner!

this could be the first festival concert for zooshadow

later

...and soooo sallly..

hmmmmmm- nothing much really takes my fancy as yet with the Livid line up, will have to wait and see if they get any more international acts that are worth seeing- the last Livid I went to was back in 98 and I said 'never again'- they are just so damn packed that I end up getting the shits cause you cant see the band you want to see you are all hot and sticky, but anyway I would change my mind and go if they got someone I really dug there and as of this year Livid is no longer Brisbane's own festival they are now taking it to Sydney and Melbourne, I dont know what to think of this, I always liked the idea of Livid just being for us Queenslanders, oh well:)

I was listening to Bernard sing on the radio just before, beautiful. I don't know if it is ever possible but I'd love to see him in a smaller indoor venue some day. And Oasis don't grab me really (except the first band my husband was ever in in Melbourne were called Oasis. Oi! they pinched his name!!!).
I do have a soft spot for Wonderwall. It was a hit when my rottweiller was a puppy awwwww:angel: and I used to sing to that tune...Gussy do you have to be so fussy, cause after all, you're just a little ballllllllllllllll...of fur. Oh dear. And I read here that They don't perform that song anymore, so no, Gusto and I will wait fro U2.
You have a ball though jon. I think festivals are great value for money. I don't know if you keep your eyes open and the vibe is Ok there is usually some opportunity to find an all right vantage place. Good luck. I'd be going if I was you:)

Takes me to bring this up...wow , must be some time ago now. I can't recall if you were here then.
In answer to the question" who would you like to see as U2's support band when they bring elevation concert to Oz?"(booHoo)
the popular consensus was POWDERFINGER!!

I do believe there was a slogan suggested "Give Us The Finger" and maybe even Amanda or Angela printed up a t shirt. If a t shirt with that slogan actually is in existence, maybe give it to Bernard and ask him to ask U2 when they are coming here...PLEASSSEEEEEEEEE!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom