Favourite Old TV Shows....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot to add V and Buck Rogers.
biggrin.gif

80s:The Equalizer
70s: Happy Days
60s: Bev Hillbillies, Monkees, Leave it to Beaver
50s: I LUV Lucy

kids shows:

great space coaster
banana splits
the monkees
square one
electric co
super friends
my little pony
mr rogers
sesame street
you can't do that on television

oh i can't think of any more!

WKRP in Cincinatti!
Newhart (Larry, Daryll, and Daryll....I named puppies after them)

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Originally posted by U2_Muse:
Today's Special.

Yeah, I remember that show. My sister and brother used to watch it all the time. Jeff was the mannequin and there was a mouse named Muffy, a night watchman, and a lady who worked in the store.

LOL!!! THAT'S THE ONE!!!!!! Oh, man that takes me back...

Originally posted by madonna's child:

Hey Dude! Classic Nick show! I also watched Salute Your Shorts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Double Dare, and Are You Afraid of the Dark (which scared the shit out of me!)

HA!! I watched ALL of those shows!! I soooo wanted to be on Double Dare (psst! I had a wee crush on Mark Somers
redface.gif
wink.gif
)

Did anyone else watch reruns of Soap when they were little? Not your standard kiddie fair but I was, well, not your standard kid. Billy Crystal as Jodie cracked my ass up.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 05-15-2002).]

I LOVE LUCY!!

was that the right answer? I forget what this thread was about and I can't be bothered to look further down the page
biggrin.gif

This is so great!

mine:
Cosby Show
Family Ties [I had a crush on Michael J. Fox]
Cheers [I was only 10 and still enjoyed a show at a bar]
Dukes of Hazzard

Originally posted by jezebel:
Anyone remember China Beach?

Dana Delaney & Marg Helgenberger were GREAT!

YES! I watched it all the time! That was a fantastic show.
smile.gif

And how could I possibly have forgotten this:

PUNKY BREWSTER

I mean, I freaking wanted to BE Punky Brewster when I was a kid. The scrunchies...the pink pants...the leg warmers...Ah, memories...

OMD How'd I forget the Muppet Show?

One day I was home sick and had this crazy fever and I was watching "Mr Rogers" and I was like 15 and it was the FUNNIEST SHOW. I couldn't stop laughing at him sing about how you can't go down the bathtub drain. Then he fixed the toilet! It was GREAT! OK

~*Mona Vox of Easy Street*~

Sesame Street
Electric Co.
Banana Splits
Sigmund the Seamonster
H.R. Puf'n'Stuff
Pee Wee Herman
Batman (with Adam West)
Andy Griffith
Sanford & Son
NWA Wrestling (err, Rasslin')

awesome! me and my friends often remember the days of old when cartoons for children were violent and brutal.
Now all the little boys have are lame toons like "doug" and "recess"

GI JOE - need I say more

Bravestar - I loved his horse that would stand upright and shoot a bazooka!!

Transformers - Nothing can be cooler than these!

Ninja Turtles

and so on...

For nontoons:

WKRP in Cincinati
Gilligans Island
Cheers
The Fresh Prince
Cosby Show
A-Team!!( i pity da foo who doesn't like it)

etc

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by ouizy:
MIAMI VICE!!!

HA! YES!

*dons pink sport coat*
*attempts to sing theme song*
*is magically transported back to the 80s*

Also, LOL so hard at Transformers. I seem to recall something else about Thundercats...God, I watched too much TV as a kid...

Any Canadians or Americans near the border remember The Polka Dot Door? "The Polka Dot Door, the Polka Dot Door, see you soon at the Polka Dot Door...." Haha...

Originally posted by Basstrap:

Ninja Turtles

The episodes in the first season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were the greatest cartoons ever.

I mean it.

Does anyone remember the show Manimal? He could change into any animal he wanted.
Or Flicker? With the horse?
Only one other person has said 'You cant do that on television' too. I loved that show. The green slime was so cool, and also when everything went reversed.
Thunderbirds.
Grange Hill
Some Canadian show about high school kids....this will kill me until I remember the name.
Educating Marmalade
Another one Im not sure of the name of was about this fire brigade. Was it Emergency? there was someone called Rampart (spelling?) in it. Great show.
Dukes of Hazard
Oh, and that show with that girl...she was an orphan...raised by some stranger....with Soleil Moonfry or whatever her name was.

Some Canadian show about high school kids

degrassi high!!

also, polka dot door was cool.
God bless pokaroo!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by senrab:
Any Canadians or Americans near the border remember The Polka Dot Door? "The Polka Dot Door, the Polka Dot Door, see you soon at the Polka Dot Door...." Haha...

Hee hee! I've been trying to think of the name of that show for days! I definitely remember watching it, but all I can really recall about it was the opening sequence with the door. You know, the one with the polka dots on it...
wink.gif

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone else ever watch American Gladiators? I'd LOVE to see some reruns of that.
tongue.gif

Yes! I remember Gladiators....didn't they all have nicknames like "Storm" or something like that?

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Hee hee! I've been trying to think of the name of that show for days! I definitely remember watching it, but all I can really recall about it was the opening sequence with the door. You know, the one with the polka dots on it...
wink.gif

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone else ever watch American Gladiators? I'd LOVE to see some reruns of that.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom